The Attwater(Newport)
US$369
US$351
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$422/night.

Newport Marriott(Newport)
Cleveland House(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

US$257
Agoda.com
US$835
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$750
All reviewsturret roommansion districtthe cliffmy husband and iother guestsbreakfast was deliciousgas fireplacehomemade granolabed and breakfastwhirlpool tubnewport mansionswithin walking distancethird floorbellevue avenueeach morninggilded agequiet neighborhood
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I was in need of a quiet peaceful weekend. I got exactly what I needed. The Ivy Lodge B&B is located far enough from the between path that I did not feel like I was missing something and close enough to easily get to the many dining options available in Newport.
My room was perfect, breakfasts was great and Darlene the host was wonderful. I look forward to making this quiet getaway and annual event.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights here in late January. Upon arrival, our hosts, Daryl and Darlene, greeted us warmly and had delicious chocolate cookies waiting for us along with other snacks. Darlene also spent quite a bit of time, informing us all the great places to visits with her candid impression of what were the "must do's". Having never been to Newport before, we really appreciated this.

The room was so comfortable and the sitting rooms so inviting, we spent the next day and a half reading and lounging around Ivy Lodge without any sightseeing except for a beautiful but chilly walk along the Cliff-side Trail. The fireplace and jacuzzi tub are wonderful in the winter time. We finally decided to do some sightseeing on our last full day in Newport. Even so, after a wonderful dinner out, we opted to head back to Ivy Lodge for some more of those yummy chocolate chip cookies rather than indulge in the restaurant's decadent desserts.

If I had to choose something critical, I would says the breakfasts are good, but not outstanding, the front door is beautiful, but difficult to close and may require some muscle, and if you're trying to sleep during off-hours, the house can be rather noisy if cleaning or maintenance is occurring.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My fiance' and I stayed overnight this past weekend and didn't want to leave!!!! The Ivy Lodge was everything it was portrayed to be on their website and more and the Inn keepers/owners were magnificent!!!!! We stayed in the Queen Ann room on the third floor and it was breathtaking.....Debbie & Richie

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Ivy Lodge after Christmas this winter. It was a very pleasant stay and the innkeepers were very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was scrumptious-- cranberry pancakes, fruit, an assortment of muffins-- and tea and coffee were available 24 hours a day. Our room was very clean and the fireplace made for a very romantic stay. We were in close range of the mansions and it was a short drive (2 minutes) to the shopping/restaurant district. I highly recommend for couples staying in Newport.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We were at this inn the same weekend as Goddess 17 unit, mass traveler and Distant traveler and have basically the same story to tell. From the outside, the inn itself is beautiful and inviting. The innkeeper, Darlene, was anything but.
We were greeted by an admonishment that "people usually register before bringing in their bags!" We overlooked that remark. Next was a list of rules presented in a tone that bordered on being militaristic. Most of them were, for most people, common sense sort of things that didn't need to be said: no smoking in the rooms, don't put oil in the tub, etc. If you must "greet" your patrons with a set of rules, here's an idea: do so with a smile or at least a civil tone. Neither were offered.
The expectation at breakfast and any other time seemed to be that you will take what you get and be happy with what you got. There seemed to be no room for questions or give and take. Darlene made it clear with her tone of voice and gruff responses that she was unwilling to tolerate, much less encourage, any special request or even discussion about anything that she deemed "off limits."
The low point of our stay came on Sunday morning when, as other writers have stated, Darlene flew into a tirade. Guests, of course, were talking about the blizzard and the breakfast that was being served. Darlene again made it clear with her tone of voice and biting remarks that any disussion food or snow were off limits. She admonished one gentleman in her harsh tone for talking about the snow. Excuse me? We can't talk about the weather? I had seen enough and retreated to my room to get away and to pack my belongings once she said that "we could leave."
I was brought back to reality when I heard Darlene yelling at the top of her lungs at a guest, claiming that she had called her a name and demanding that she leave the premises. Other guests opened their doors to listen to the venom being spewed and to witness this train wreck. It was a scene that I might have expected at a low-budget boarding house, certainly not one where I was paying over $200. per night and which bills itself as something special. If I had not witnessed this scene, I would not have believed it. The whole ordeal left me with a pit in my stomach and a warning for potential visitors: enter this place at your own risk! Unless you like train wrecks and enduring a woman with a hostile attitude, stay away!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple