“Not what I expected after reading the "brilliant" reviews...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Bouchard

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 230 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not what I expected after reading the "brilliant" reviews...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went to Bouchard with my boss and two other coworkers to have dinner during restaurant week. The restaurant looks like my grand mother's house - furniture and ambiance from the 1960s. The menu was interesting - traditional French. The food was good (nothing special). The presentation of the dishes, however, was from the 1970/80s. If the purpose of the owners/managers is to recreate authentic French atmosphere from that time period, it is a success. But I doubt it. I bet the chef went to France, learned how to cook traditional French dishes and HAS NOT changed anything since 1980... Restaurant Bouchard would be an average restaurant in NYC, Chicago or Montreal. Without real competition here, it is overrated and overpriced. Not to mention that a place like that will have a hard time to survive in any major French city... I do not plan to return to that restaurant any time soon.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steven A

Fall River, MA
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The place to go for the best French food anywhere around.

Visited January 2012
Delaware
“The real thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We ate at Resturant Bouchard. I booked a table for 2 and asked for prime seating. Upon arrival, I was seated at a great table. The waiter was excellent, he recommended a good wine ( not the most expensive) that went well with dinner. Dinner was first rate French Cuisine.The chocolate soufflé was excellent and is highly recommended !!!

Visited March 2012
Beacon, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must experience in Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This restaurant's website and reviews cannot do it justice. This was by far the nicest meal, wait staff, and dining experience I've had. Our waiter, (Maxwell I think??) was excellent in recommending main courses as well as wine to pair, and the same with dessert wines. The whole experience was enchanting. I only wish that we lived closer to enjoy this fabulous place more often.

Visited March 2012
Newport
“Over-rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've been here twice. The service is top notch. Very professional. The food was small and... average. I was most disappointed with my over-cooked veal chop and sauce that was way more thin than what would have been good.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Liam J

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!