“Great cocktails ”
Review of The Wharf Pub

The Wharf Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Wharf Pub is a Gastric Style Pub with Comfort Food. Under new ownership as of December of 2012. Open 7 days per week for dinner at 5pm. Lunch served on the weekends at 12pm. Outdoor seating available in the Summer. Located in downtown Newport close to shopping, hotels and parking.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We came one night while waiting for a reservation at another spot nearby. We ordered 2 amazing cocktails - I can't remember the names of them but one was a gin cocktail with st germaine and the other was a vodka mule. They were absolutely divine and then the people next to us ordered food at the bar and it looked so amazing that we wanted to order apps but found out the kitchen had just closed which was a bummer. We loved it so much here we came back another night during our stay but didn't have the same experience. We had a new bartender and we came in late again and ordered the same 2 drinks but they tasted completely different and we're both overly sweet I couldn't even drink mine so I ordered a beer instead clearly not drinking my drink and when I ordered the beer she asked me if I was not drinking my cocktail and I told her no that it was too sweet for me and she didn't offer to take it off the bill so my partner drank it. Then it was apparently closing time which we were unaware since the bar was still full and without doing a last call or anything she handed us the bill - we would have each gotten another beer because we were planning on staying out. Anyways the first experience was amazing and second was not. I guess it depends on who your bartender is.

There are newer reviews for The Wharf Pub

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome! My family and I had trouble finding restaurants that were vegetarian friendly in a seafood-dominated area, but his place was perfect! All burgers and sandwiches could be substituted with tofu instead of the meat. It had southern flare, with fried pickles and such. The food quality was great, and the servers were kind and quick. It had a nice atmosphere that reminded me of restaurants in Florida and the Caribbean. Great!

1  Thank Megan F
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We ate at the Wharf Pub last night just a couple of days away from July 4th. We had an Open Table reservation and we had requested a booth but that request could not be honored by the restaurant. Their policy is first come first serve for the booths. The atmosphere is what I would call "Old Dirty Bar". Our table was steps away from the bathrooms and this did not help our appetites at all. We selected Tater Tots Truffled as an appetizer and it was terrible. The serving was about 10 tiny tater tot in a small frying pan and they were so greasy they were dripping grease. Couldn't eat them. I had a pulled prok sandwich that was lousy - it had very little flavor. Hubby had fish and chips and they were also dripping grease. I think if you want a bar with a lot of noise and a lot of 20 somethinhs this is the place for you but don't go for the food!

3  Thank EmilyC123
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

The Wharf Pub has great wings with a delicious homemade blue cheese. We also tried the bacon wrapped tater tots which were also a big hit. We enjoyed the outdoor seating which also included an outside bar. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much that we ate dinner at the Wharf Pub 2 of the 4 nights we were in Newport.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner with some girlfriends on Friday night, the server and service was great, food was delicious, and live entertainment was awesome! We were so glad we went!