“Nice Patio and Good Food”
Review of The Wharf Pub

The Wharf Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Wharf Pub is a Gastric Style Pub with Comfort Food. Under new ownership as of December of 2012. Open 7 days per week for dinner at 5pm. Lunch served on the weekends at 12pm. Outdoor seating available in the Summer. Located in downtown Newport close to shopping, hotels and parking.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Downtown Newport is a very crowded place. We ended up paying $10 for parking for one hour. The Wharf Pub was near the water with a patio in the rear. That being full, we went into the restaurant. It had a dark interior with several booths and a bar.
I had a falafel sandwich with their interesting cole slaw made with a horseradish mustard- very different. Spouse had the fish and chips with fries and slaw. He said the breading on the fish was over cooked. My falafel was very good.
They had some local brews on tap. Nice enough place, good patio, and decent food.

There are newer reviews for The Wharf Pub

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We came here on a whim and it was absolutely amazing. We sat inside but outside would have been preferred to people watch and enjoy the nice weather. Service was attentive and the food was delicious. We did not have young children with us but I did see other families there and when the manager came by to ask how it was they all said it was great. We started with the truffle tots. If you like truffle then this is a must. I had the shrimp and grits. The portion was big and I wished I would have shared it with my husband as there was a lot of grits left over.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We wandered by late on a Saturday evening for dinner. Decided to sit outside. Enjoyed the bar while we waited for a table (45 minute wait) but was kept entertained by the crowds wandering by. Dinner was absolutely yummy Matunuck oysters, a guilt inducing order of tater tots smothered in cheese and jalapenos, and the Statler chicken. Everything was delicious and well prepared. Bar service was a little slow, but other than that it was a good experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We came one night while waiting for a reservation at another spot nearby. We ordered 2 amazing cocktails - I can't remember the names of them but one was a gin cocktail with st germaine and the other was a vodka mule. They were absolutely divine and then the people next to us ordered food at the bar and it looked so amazing that we wanted to order apps but found out the kitchen had just closed which was a bummer. We loved it so much here we came back another night during our stay but didn't have the same experience. We had a new bartender and we came in late again and ordered the same 2 drinks but they tasted completely different and we're both overly sweet I couldn't even drink mine so I ordered a beer instead clearly not drinking my drink and when I ordered the beer she asked me if I was not drinking my cocktail and I told her no that it was too sweet for me and she didn't offer to take it off the bill so my partner drank it. Then it was apparently closing time which we were unaware since the bar was still full and without doing a last call or anything she handed us the bill - we would have each gotten another beer because we were planning on staying out. Anyways the first experience was amazing and second was not. I guess it depends on who your bartender is.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome! My family and I had trouble finding restaurants that were vegetarian friendly in a seafood-dominated area, but his place was perfect! All burgers and sandwiches could be substituted with tofu instead of the meat. It had southern flare, with fried pickles and such. The food quality was great, and the servers were kind and quick. It had a nice atmosphere that reminded me of restaurants in Florida and the Caribbean. Great!

1  Thank Megan F