“All around wonderful value.”
Review of Pilgrim House Inn

and 1 more site!
Pilgrim House Inn
Ranked #29 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
New York
“All around wonderful value.”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

The Pilgrim House Inn is a lovely B&B style inn. The owners are personable and attentive. The rooms are pleasant and cozy and recently upgraded for modern ammenities and safety. The owners make the effort to anticipate any need. Sherry in the living room is a great excuse to mingle and enjoy meeting others. You cannot beat this inn for location, ambience and value.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We just enjoyed a quick overnight at the Pilgrim House Inn. We found it last minute on the web and booked it without any prior recommendations. We were so happy we found it - the rooftop deck was delightful and just so nice to enjoy after the hustle & bustle of the town. It was our daughter's birthday and Barry was so kind to give her a breakfast cake with candles!! Our room was immaculate - towels fluffy and the bedding crisp.

It was so nice that everything was within walking distance - you never needed your car. We were thrilled they could accomodate us last minute and for only 1 night.

We'll be back !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This is a basic Victorian B&B where the owners are helpful and kind. It is on Spring street, and the location is in walking distance of almost anything you need, especially dining. Spring is pretty quiet though, so you have the best of both worlds with regard to convenience.

Since there is so much to do in Newport, we did not spend a lot of time in the rooms. Ours was a basic bedroom with a bathroom connected. It was clean, and reminded me of the historic house I grew up in years ago. The bed/pillows were not super comfortable at first, but I am picky and they gave me a slightly better pillow. That said, we both slept better in that bed than we have in months.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 24 June 2009

My wife, brother in-law and I just returned from a two night stay at the Pigrim House and have nothing but high praise. The Inn is perfectly located, park your car and walk everywhere. The Inn is very well kept, comfortable and affordable. Barry, the Innkeeper was very helpful, friendly and full of great recommendations and advice. The roof top deck overlooking the bay filled with sail boats was the perfect place to start your day with an abundant breakfast. Our room was of nice size, clean, standing shower and comfortable bed.
My wife and I generally stay in B&B's when we travel and this is one we will return to many times. I'd recommend it to our friends. If you are looking for high priced luxury, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a great place in a great location, look no further!

Tom
NY

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Northeast
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Stayed in the beginning of May here.......House is in good location, parking down street. However, it is COVERED in bunnies everywhere. Little bunny figurines, stuffed bunny on your bed, bunnies all over your room.....I like kitsch and thought this was a bit much. Innkeepers - husband was much more hospitible than the wife....who seemed to have no hospitality skills, weird when you own a B&B. Beds - the first room I was in, bed was hard as a rock, the hardest bed I have ever encountered. Moved the next day to a different room, after asking "do any of your rooms have softer beds" wifes response "I dont know" there is another room open, so I sat on that bed, slightly better. However, it was next to the breakfast room, which was about to get filled up in the AM but I was able to nap for a few hours. Second bed was little better, but at $170 a night, I do expect a little more than a motel 6 mattress and crappy pillows. Go to Costco and buy some new fluffy pillows for the place ! Although I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, the bed would have sucked even more if I wasnt, I am a lot nicer pregnant. As I was bringing my stuff from 2nd floor to 3rd floor new room, wife sat at table reading her paper, never once offering to help me with my bags - I am obviously very pregnant! Breakfast was ok...could walk to dunkin donuts instead...but it was a good place to congregate and the outside deck is really lovely. I have stayed a at least a half dozen b&b's on Nantucket and the Vineyard and never been this disappointed. Nor have I ever stayed at one covered with bunnies EVERYWHERE. I am sure from this write up that they know excactly who I am, but really to be charing these rates and then even more in season, it is just not right.....make a few upgrades and it would have been so much better.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank baglady1973
Attleboro, MA
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend of my birthday. The place is very cozy, as if you are a house guest instead of a hotel guest. There is a bunny theme to the decor which was a unique touch. The owner had a few rooms available and let us choose which one we'd prefer. The rooms were a reasonable size for the price we paid, and they were immaculate with modern bathrooms. The deck overlooking the harbor is lovely, and the breakfast had more options than I expected. The location *could not* be beat - we were in walking distance to everywhere we needed to go. The block the inn is on is very charming, similar to Beacon Hill in Boston or College Hill in Providence. There was also free parking provided a short 2 blocks away, as well as a temporary spot for loading in, which was convenient since parking is scare in the area.

Most notably, the service was excellent. I realized a week after my stay that I'd forgotten my favorite pair of shoes in the room. A quick email confirmed that they'd been found, and the owners graciously shipped them to me very promptly.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 August 2008

We found that this bed-and-breakfast provides a spacious clean room with character. Though Pilgrim House Inn enjoys a fairly central location, the inn does not have its own parking so we had to find street parking nearby. Staying on the only ground floor room, we found Spring Street very noisy the night that we stayed and suggest staying on the upper floors.

In the morning, the continental breakfast was above average, particularly as we could sit out on the bright and sunny rooftop with a partial view of Newport. We also enjoyed the koi fish pond at the back of the Inn. The innkeepers were cordial but seemed a bit tired/harried. Overall, a pleasant, convenient place to stay for visitors to Newport seeking an alternative to the chain hotels.

• Stayed April 2008