1,534 results
All reviews salt water great location harbor view room dock master bowen's wharf newport harbor within walking distance hotel restaurant indoor pool adirondack chairs front desk staff parking fee first floor restaurants and shopping off season can't beat the location park your car
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my family and we all wish it could have been longer. The staff was friendly and helpful and our room was immaculate. Best of all, right outside the door is the marina and Bowen's wharf. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you request harbor view for a fantastic view of the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this delightful review about your 3-night stay with your family. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our stunning location and amenities. We would be honored to have you and your family be our guest the next time you are in Newport.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for two nights over July 4th weekend. With the prices at this hotel you would think you were staying in a Ritz but it is closer to a Motel 6. There is nothing nice about this hotel, which should be labeled a motel at best. The rooms are dark, bathrooms small and hallways have seen better days. The location is the only thing this hotel has going for it. I wish I had better things to say but I don't. They charge $20 a night for parking and don't even have a valet. For nearly $1,000 for two nights you would expect a high level of service and accommodations but unfortunately neither was to be found here. Will not return.

Room Tip: There don't seem to be any 'good' rooms but ask for a wharf room. At least it will have some kind of view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are saddened to hear that we were unable to exceed all of your service and quality expectations. It is our hope that you provide us the opportunity to regain your business the next times your travels bring you to Newport.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I was greeted by the dock master as I was looking at the property for some guests joining us from out of town, he set the tone for the most pleasant experience I've had at a hotel. I work in the hotel business, so this is not a review a write very often! The staff really made our vacation unforgettable.
You can tell this place has great management, everyone just seemed so happy to be there and more importantly to help.
Keith made sure all my family's needs were met and with a smile..( I'm demanding)That makes such a difference, to me at least!
The bar overlooking the dock is the best kept secret in Newport. Sam just made sure everything was perfect. And Carrissa( I hope I have her name right)
At the restaurant was a super star. We had 20 children in our party, enough said.. Whoever owns this place, keep doing what you're doing, these people are wonderful and set a very high standard. We cannot wait to return. Hope to see you in August!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review about your interactions with our staff. We are glad we were able to provide you with such outstanding service during your visit. We look forward to welcoming all of you back in August!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family just returned from spending the 4th of July weekend at this location. We had 3 boats in the marina and 5 rooms at the hotel. The location is perfect for viewing the fireworks. The dock master and dock hands were very helpful. The hotel staff went above and beyond to be sure we were having a great time. Patty coordinated same day arrangements for renting a conference room to celebrate a birthday on a very rainy day. Her services and hospitality were outstanding. Everyone wanted to be sure we were enjoying our stay. We hope to go back next year.

Room Tip: harbor view, first floor rooms have sliding doors that open onto the grass
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted that you have taken the time to write this fantastic review about your 4th of July weekend visit. Our stunning waterfront location in historic downtown makes us a great choice to enjoy the fireworks, shopping, dining, entertainment and local attractions. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and to ensure that your needs are met. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again next year.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed 7/2-7/4 and wish we could have stayed longer. We added to our reservation because they were so accommodating that my siblings changed their originals plans and stayed here instead. Keith the GM set us up with an area to celebrate my Dad's Birthday and accommodate my huge family. Carissa was our server and was so patient and pleasant with everyone's order especially the kids. Sam our bartender was great as well. Cindy and the others at the front desk helped us figure out all the rooms even switched us to be closer together. We can't thank you enough for making our stay and special time so wonderful! Look forward to staying again and will spread the good word.

Room Tip: Marina side bottom level walk out.
1  Thank Lisa H

Thank you for taking the time to share this radiant review and allowing us to be a small part of your Dad’s birthday celebration. We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate your family’s needs with our personal service and make your time with us so special. Whether it’s another family event or a weekend getaway, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the “City by the Sea”!