“Tortilla soup to die for”
Review of Wisdom's Cafe

Wisdom's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tumacacori
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT FOR 68 YEARSLet our family serve yours mouth-watering Mexican food & much more. Owned and operated by 4 generations of the Wisdom family.Our family works hard so that yours will enjoy a wonderful meal among friends. Tuesdays 2-for-1 margaritasFridays/Saturdays live music and open late until 91st Friday drink specials2nd Saturday drink specials and live music 1st Wednesday are BBQ Ribs
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I live for the tortilla soup, it's fabulous. I only get it once a year!
We make an annual vacation to Tucson, and we always make a trip to Wisdom's. I love the decor, and the history, but the tortilla soup is a dream. We've liked all our meals there.

2  Thank Bluegenes

Reviewed October 23, 2008

This place sounded good, since it's been family-owned for decades, and the building looked interesting. However, the Mexian food we ordered was definitely not home-made, as the chile rellenos were obviously the ones available wholesale from food suppliers--deep fried with a corn dog appearance. The other items were bland and not very tasty except for the cheese crisp, which was perfect. As for atmosphere, it's a bit dark and cave like, but they seemed to have some interesting old photos and memorabilia stashed around the place.

2  Thank hermosaDurango
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I happened upon Wisdom's when I was on a solo trip through southern Arizona in December 2005. From the moment you walk in the door, there is a silent history within. The place is authentically cool with all the paintings and memorabilia on the walls (be sure to check out the women's restroom for eye candy photos!) The food is good...not the best I've ever had, but decent enough. Because I was solo, I didn't save room for their 'famous' fruit burros (I heard they're monstrous and best shared) so I'll have to remember that for the next trip. All in all, a nice little place to unwind.

1  Thank LMHinCMH

Been to Wisdom's Cafe? Share your experiences!