All reviews blt dean deluca guest relations sushi sho washer and dryer toto toilet main restaurant waikiki beach luxury hotel the sofa bed new tower the ground floor one bedroom suite turn down service concierge desk pool staff living area
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We are staying here for 12 nights as a family of four in a 1 bed suite, and absolutely love it. The hotel is only a couple of years old, and from what we’ve seen is by far the most modern. The suite is large enough for 2 adults and 2 kids - both 11 years old. The couch is turned into a bed nightly and put away every morning by staff. All the staff from the pool guys, to the valets, waiting staff and concierge are so helpful and kind, it has really made our stay. Nothing is too much trouble. There is a great restaurant in the hotel serving, breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is great - something I can’t honestly say for a lot of local restaurants. There is also a great little cafe on the ground floor with the best coffee. Oahu itself can be a little dated (other than the fabulous shopping -Luxury Row is literally at the great floor of the hotel), so the Ritz is a welcome addition. Of course perfection is difficult and subjective so...the air con is great in the living room but with no separate control, it’s only around 50% effective in the bedroom. It made sleeping a little uncomfortable for us in the main bedroom as we had to turn off the a/c as it was too cold left on for the kids. The pool is a little small for a family hotel but we never had an issue getting beds or a cabana. However....we would book here again in the future although we may consider the 2nd tower which is about to open - it has a bigger pool.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2018

We booked our hotel accommodation, some time back, similar to the previous post here and have also been advised this will not be honored. We had already booked another hotel and when we saw this from Expedia we changed our booking. We assumed the pricing was lower due to the renovation occurring at the hotel not an error. We have now been told that we need to pay double the amount or it will be cancelled and due to the holiday dates approaching there is limited options at much higher rates than we had before. This really doesn't give you a great impression on how mistakes made from this company are managed. What happened to placing the Customer first!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
21  Thank PrashanB2
Douglas C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Prashan B,
My sincere apologies for the challenges you have experienced with your booking. I understand how frustrating it has been for you as we work to ensure resolution is reached with each of the impacted guests. I would be pleased to personally speak with you if you would call the resort directly.
Again, my apologies and I look forward to your call.
Kind regards,
Douglas Chang

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation a couple of months ago at the Ritz Carlton Waikiki for myself and my partners vacation this coming August only to be told two months after making the reservation that there was an error in the rates and the correct price is actually more than double the amount I had reserved. I had actually rung the Ritz prior to this and spoke with a young lady who confirmed the price was correct and after numerous unanswered emails to the Ritz booking.com advised me that they were not willing to honour my reservation. Terrible service and I haven’t received as much as a reply to my multiple emails to the ritz nor an apology. Don’t waste your time booking with the Ritz! If I could give zero stars I would.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
16  Thank E2123DXlaurad
Douglas C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear E2123DXlaurad,
Thank you for your comments and feedback and my sincere apologies for the lack of service you have experienced while trying to resolve this issue. If you would call the resort directly, I would be pleased to personally assist.
Kind regards,
Douglas Chang

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We brought our granddaughters here for vacation. The staff was the best ever. Everyone went out of their way to make you feel special. A 10 out of 10 for the entire staff. Well done. We leave wishing we had more time to spend. What a beautiful island.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed June 1, 2018

This is my second stay at the Ritz Carlton Waikiki both for one week each. I have also stayed at 30 + Ritz properties. This property sets the standard for them all. If you are looking for a luxury condo property in Waikiki look no further, this is the place. I have also stayed at the Trump and there is no comparison. The personalized service at this property puts it in a league of it’s own. It is immaculately clean with every amenity imaginable. The unobstructed views of the ocean & mountains will literally take your breath away. There is no better location for a great view of Diamond Head and Waikiki beach. The property is not right on beach but is a short five minute walk away. They provide beach bags with towels and bottled water every time you leave the property.

Every time you enter the property at the front drive you will be greeted by some of the nicest happiest people I have ever met in my life. It is obvious everyone who works here loves their job and takes great pride in the level of service they provide their guest. They anticipate your needs and meet them with a smile on their face. There is a family type atmosphere at this property that I have never experienced and it is extended to the guest.

During my many stays at Ritz Carlton properties over the years, I have had many memorable experiences and had many staff members go above and beyond to provide great service. However, it was taken to a new level at this property. Our departing flight was cancelled after nearly three hours of sitting on the plane. I immediately called the property to see if we could come back to our original residence. On the phone was the nicest and most helpful staff member I have ever encountered at a Ritz Carlton. His name was Gavin. He not only told us to come back he came and picked up my family of five and nine pieces of baggage in his personal mini van. This was at the end of his shift at 1030 PM. He arrived at the Honolulu Airport just as we walked out with our bags and greeted us with a smile on his face and helped to load all the bags. He took us to the property and personally took the bags to our room and even had our coffee preference in the room for the next morning. He had the room cleaned and all of our preferences in place upon arrival. This is the type of service you can expect from the Ritz Carlton Waikiki Residences and the accommodations are amazing. You will not be disappointed.

A special thanks to Gavin, Cori and Doug for all their hard work and for setting a new standard of service for all future travel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family