“Fantastic food”
Review of Ono Loco Tacos

Ono Loco Tacos
Ranked #974 of 2,634 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed June 6, 2017

We went to lunch at Ono Loco Tacos a few days ago. The ladies behind the counter were wonderful. We asked some questions about the area and they were very helpful. And the food was delicious!!! My husband had the special: chicken enchiladas. I had two different street tacos: shredded beef and the carne asada. Fantastic. The scripture on the wall and the saying, "Be ashamed to die until you have secured some victory for humanity" was a bonus! Don't hesitate-- head here for a great meal!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Unusually bad experience, would actually rate 0/5 if it was an option. Food was not fresh, and even made me sick! Have been here once before and the food and service was great at that time! Not sure if management has changed since then, but this time when I came in the layout of the restaurant was different inside, the food was not as good, the chips tasted like they were cooked with dirty, old fryer oil as was the fried Mexican ice cream, which tasted like it had old stale corn flakes on it that were deep fried in this old grease. After only a few bites, I knew I would be sick if I ate anymore, and politely asked to exhange or refund this one item. The cashier threw away the food, and to my surprise, the owner angrily started yelling at me, said he didn't care, and accused me of trying to cheat his restaurant business by getting something for nothing, and refused to issue a refund or exchange, or even so much as an apology.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Anonymous R
Reviewed January 23, 2017 via mobile

We got Nachos one day and Tacos today, and both were incredible! They piled on the meat, sour cream, salsa and guacamole! The tacos, refried beans and Mexican rice were so tasty, can't wait to try more, so so so good.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2016

N. B. I HAVE ONLY TASTED FIVE STREET TACOS. THERE ARE OTHER THINGS ON THE MENU. Having issued that note, the tacos were the best I've had on Oahu, where I have tried every taco. The fillings rival any I've had anywhere, and I've had MANY everywhere. Each of the five taco fillings I tried is a distinct taste experience, prepared from separate excellent recipes, rather that the co-mingling or spices with different meats encountered at other places e. g. BIC Tacos in Kapolei. Lengua/tongue was cooked with bay leaf, mild and soft, a comfort taco as good as any I've had. The other tacos were even better. Note, however, that these are also the most expensive "street" tacos ($3.75!) I've ever had.

I look forward to trying the House Specialty menu items, available 6:00 - 9:00 Friday and Saturday only, in the near future. Worth the drive from anywhere on Oahu.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

This local taco place reminds you of Taco Truck fair with none of the health concerns. I had lunch and want to focus the review on the Street Tacos. I had it with shredded beef and used lime to flavor. It was prepared quickly and served hot. You can really taste the corn tortilla. Very good. It's a little juicy so grab napkins. The shredded beef was very good. 5-star shredded beef taco!

Ample parking since its in a strip mall in between the McDonalds and Autozone. No public bathrooms. Free refills. Limited seating. Four in door tables seats 16 and two outside tables seats 8. Street Taco is $3.75

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Ono Loco Tacos? Share your experiences!