“Great coffee can’t be rushed”
Review of Ars Cafe

Ars Cafe
Ranked #12 of 96 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Everybody’s coffee deserves to be the best it can be. If you want a rushed, soulless latte, go to Starbucks. If you want a cafe that pays attention to detail, where every cup is the best the barista can do, come here. It’s clearly a local favorite.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We went this cafe on the advice of Anthony Bourdain. We weren't disappointed. Lattes were amazing and the avocado toast was very good. We were here early and there was no line. Food is a little more expensive but very high quality. Would highly recommend going after hiking diamond Head.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I love that it is homemade gelato. My fiance and I ate the Kona Coffee and Strawberry creme and it was delicious and light. I would definitely recommend this place. What is great is that they always change up the flavors. Sometimes I think they should keep the favorites around though for the one's stuck on one flavor like myself at times but its all good. Change is good. Keeps it exciting.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

From the moment I walked in I knew that this place was special. The beautiful and soothing jazz music was being played on a turntable. The interior was comfy the cortado and the banana bread baked in house were delicious. The young woman working the espresso bar was calm and kind.
I went back the next day for another cortado and decided that I had to go back for lunch with my daughter and this time ordered lunch. The fried rice with Portuguese sausage, avocado and a fried egg on top was absolutely fantastic. A glass of fresh lemonade for me and an iced latte for my daughter accompanied with banana bread.
I felt like I was in Portland or lower Manhattan.
The young lady was now working the kitchen and just as graceful as she was behind the espresso bar.
Love, love & love this place. Triple love is my highest rating.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We called in to this cafe on our way up to Diamond Head. One person in front of us waiting to place an order whilst the young barista chatted to a female customer. We may as well not have been there !! Coffee smelled amazing, but alas we will never know. We decided to find somewhere where they are actually interested in serving their clients. If only the barista was as efficient at turning out coffees as he is chatting up his customers I may have been able to provide a more informative review - very disappointed.