“Great place to learn about the history”

USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial Narrated Tour
Ranked #1 of 351 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A 184-foot memorial honoring the 2,388 Americans who died during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Really good attraction to understand the world war 2 and the history of Pearl Harbour, the United States and Japan at that time. The place is open to the public and you can not enter with a bag. They will charge $5 to keep your bag in a safe place or you can leave in your car/ bus. Make sure you don't leave value stuff. You can watch a movie with an explanation and after take a bote to the memorial.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,887)
All reviews
in 1,110 reviews
"attack"
in 1,264 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018

You learn so much during this visit , it’s very moving and educational for kids and adults.
We went without a tour and it was perfect. Frankly I cannot see what more you could get from the visit with a tour.

1  Thank TaniaSh1971
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The USS Arizona was definitely a heartfelt experience for me, I wish that I had more time to spend touring the Memorial. I would highly recommend this tour to my family and friends.

1  Thank VirgoVirda
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We took my parents here along with my kids. It was amazing. My grandfather was shot in WWII so this was close to home. The video before that boat ride was very educational. Make sure you get there right at 7:00 if you don't have advance tickets. Also, pay the $7.50 for the headset. I left my phone in the bathroom and someone turned it in. By the time I realized and tracked it down, they had already tried to track me down, Much appreciated! Don't miss this if you go to Oahu!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my first time visiting Pearl Harbor during my time living on Oahu and I was so incredibly moved by the experience. You want to make sure that you book your tickets online a full day in advance. A select number of tickets are available for an online reservation price of $1.50 however you must login on a 7am the morning before you plan to visit. There will be select tour times available and a limited number of tickets. You can also arrive early ( 6am) to the Pearl Harbor attraction itself and wait in line to get tickets which are free. There are only a limited number of tickets offered each day both online and in person. Everyone we encountered while at Pearl Harbor was helpful, courteous, and knowledgable. They were also very focused on the importance of being respectful and aware of oneself and others when visiting the memorial which I thought was an important thing. The movie they show you initially is very emotional but important to see and understand what happened on that fateful day. The experience of seeing the memorial was a solemn one as you can still see parts of the sunken ship just above the top of the water. Please remember to be quiet and respectful as there are so many men who still rest with their ship.

1  Thank JessicaGonzalez4916

Been to USS Arizona Memorial? Share your experiences!