2,997 results
All reviews the holiday inn jimmy buffets james speight across the street great location maui brewing company the cheesecake factory waikiki beach magic of polynesia international marketplace partial ocean view central location kalakaua avenue higher floor street level diamond head housekeeping staff
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I'll preface this review by saying that this hotel right now is probably at 3 stars but I bumped it up to 4 because it's under renovation and I expect it to be very good by time the renovations are done in December. Also, our cab driver took us to the Outrigger Beach Resort by mistake so my review is a little colored by seeing what could have been. Don't get me wrong. The Beachcomber is a nice hotel. The staff is very friendly. You get a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts upon check-in (unlike the Beach Resort which gives you a cold glass of mango juice). The hotel is just a bit run down and very much in need of that renovation.

We stayed on the 10th floor which had a very nice view of Diamond Head as well as Waikiki beach. There is a Maui Brewing Company restaurant right downstairs that gets really really loud on the weekends. If it weren't for jet lag, I wouldn't have gotten any sleep our first night (Saturday). The rest of the week was fairly quiet except for the cars driving over the metal slab in the street. There is a small coffee shop downstairs that has a nice beach feel and lukewarm coffee. There's also a small shop where you can buy gifts, toiletries or alcohol.

There's plenty of shopping around the Beachcomber so you'll be broke before you get bored. Duke's Restaurant (really good breakfast buffet) is in the Beach Resort and there are a few places to grab a bite within walking distance. There's also a complementary trolley that goes around Waikiki for Outrigger guests that is a few blocks away.

Also convenient is an Expedia travel concierge on the lobby level. They can help you book side trips to Luau's (They'll recommend Chief's which is really good) and they can also help you rent a car. The car rental service is located on the garage level. The only thing missing from this hotel is an airport shuttle service.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Kelly301
Lee-Ann K, Front Office Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Aloha,
Thank you for your recent stay here with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I regret to hear of the initial confusion of arriving at the wrong hotel, I see how this can create a damper on your arrival experience. However, I am happy to hear that our Beachcomber Ohana was able to welcome you with their Aloha Spirit upon your arrival. I thank you for your patience and understanding while we work through our modernization period and we hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future once our modernization is complete. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

My review is really 3.5 - 3.75.
We went to Hawaii in August, didn't think about summer break and all the kids that would be around....regardless this review is not about that. We did book our hotel a week before the trip, and pretty much almost EVERYTHING was already sold out or over $400 a night. With that being said, for the price and location this was our best bet.
The hotel is going through renovations...but thats not saying much. New paint/wallpaper. But I mean thats Hawaii, literally everything is just surfaced renovated and from the 70s. I've been going to Hawaii since I was a kid...15+ times so this is the norm.
The staff is super nice when checking in....so was valet. The location is perfect, I love how you dont have to walk through a whole shopping area or far to get to the pool/your room. I also love how it was in a perfect shopping area so I could easily drop my bags off....
They offer a free shuttle to shopping/tourist areas which was great. I was here for 5 days...but only used it once because uber is just easier.
The pool is small, they are slow with refilling with towels...there is a bar that services the pool but they are so slowwwwwwww and separate from the hotel so they wont charge it to your room...
Not sure if I would stay here again...but it wasnt bad...just nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Naomi B
Lee-Ann K, Front Office Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Aloha Naomi B,
Thank you for choosing to stay here with us on your last minute trip to Waikiki! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the services that our team provided. They truly care for our guests and are always ready to assist our guests in the best way that they can. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced in regards to our on-going modernization of our property. We are going through major developments and I hope that you may stay with us again in the future once everything is complete to experience our new and exciting style! I also regret to hear of the delay in the towel services as well as in the café. I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may further look into these issues and handle them accordingly. Thank you again for your time in sharing your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

'Excellent hotel in prime position and will be even better when renovations are complete. Close to beach and excellent cloths bargains at Rosse's. A must visit is the Cheese Cake Factory across the road food is great and cheese cake is to die for 1 serving enough for 2.Check in staff great and a special mention to the maid who serviced owe room 611 on most days. If you stay I can assure you it will be memorable. Great value for cost.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank john a
Lee-Ann K, Front Office Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Aloha,
A warm mahalo for your recent stay here with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki! Thank you for your recognition of our front desk team as well as our housekeeper. I will be sure to share your comments with our team! Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I stayed at the Beachcomber Waikiki September 7-11, 2018 with my sister. The hotel is currently in renovations .... we had a renovated oceanview room with two double beds on the 24th floor. The higher floors have amazing views - there are 4 elevators so you are never waiting long. The rooms are gorgeous!! Beds are on the firm side - but not that hard firm that is uncomfortable - we slept very soundly! Each bed comes with two firmer and two softer pillows - so you can use what you like. The colors in the rooms are beachy and airy - creams, orange and turquoise. The bathrooms have stand up showers with really nice rainfall like showerheads.
The pool area is supposed to be completely renovated this fall - but even now it is gorgeous. Aroma Cafe is poolside and it steadily busy all day with both regulars and tourists. The baristas are great and the Acai bowls are incredible (get the one with chocolate in it!)
Maui Brewing Company is also on site - HUGE restaurant/ bar.... big menu.... louder music.... live music each afternoon for happy hour is really nice. Quite a trendy crowd... we ate breakfast here twice (the breakfast tacos and the hot mess hash are to die for!!) and had some appys and drinks for happy hour - they make a great pina colada. We had great service here as well.
The location of the hotel is perfect. It is located across the street from Waikiki beach - if you get a higher room you will have an oceanview. The street below is quite lively, but dies out at midnight as everything closes. Cab ride from the airport is about $40USD one way. You can ride the Waikiki Connection Trolley for free (included in your resort fee) - great way to see a bit more of the Waikiki area and Diamond Head.
The BEST part about this hotel is the service. The front desk staff are so friendly and accommodating and really go out of their way to make sure you are looked after and they want to see you smile. Lauren - the Sales and Service Coordinator - she booked our room - she really goes out of her way to make sure that you are enjoying your stay! The staff here really work together to give you an incredible vacation on their beautiful island! We will be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn063

Aloha,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you on your recent visit to Waikiki! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were able to be one of the first guests to experience our brand new rooms! Though we are still in the midst of our modernization, we appreciate all the positive feedback that we have been receiving of the new product and ambiance. I would especially like to thank you for your special mention of Lauren! She is a wonderful asset to our team and is always so welcoming with our guests which ensures that they feel like part of our Beachcomber Ohana. I will be sure to share your kind words with her as it is our guest's experiences that continues to motivate her each day. Thank you again for your time in sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying, that everybody here is friendly. The staff is amazing with great customer service and help you with all your needs. Especially the concierge's James Speight and Stacy Ryan. They both booked tours for us and recommended fun things we can do in Waikiki. Stacy booked a day for me and my friend to go Zip Lining but me and my friend went to the pick up location on the wrong day so we went back and talked to James and he was able to get us back a full refund from the company. He is seriously a life saver because we had our fair share of problems like losing our phones to water damage from the ocean and my friend losing his prescription glasses while swimming In the ocean. Despite all the money we had spent from all the fun we had and losing our valuables. We still had a great time!!! Everything such as restaraunts, stores, beaches and the international market place were all walking distance from our hotel. The hotel also came with an unlimited trolly pass when you stay at the hotel here (Waikiki Connection Trolly). It takes you all around the city. Our hotel room was clean, the pool area was great. They also have a little gift shop inside the hotel and the staff were nice and friendly. All in all we had a great time!!! We hope to come back someday soon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Lee-Ann K, Front Office Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Aloha,
Thank you for choosing to stay here with our Beachcomber Ohana on your recent visit to the islands. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay all around and that our team was able to assist you with your needs throughout your stay. I would also like to thank you for your special mentions of James and Stacy at the Expedia desk. They are truly wonderful assets to our team as they possess great amounts of knowledge of the islands and are always eager to share their secrets with our guests. I will be sure to share your kind comments with their management team so that they can be properly recognized. Thank you again for your time and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!