2,199 results
All reviews barefoot bar active duty military hotel maile tower military families military id warriors lounge happy's snack bar armed forces service members air force waikiki beach military personnel adult pool grounds are beautiful ocean view across the street
Reviewed August 19, 2009

However, you must be military to stay here. But, if you are it is EXTREMELY CHEAP for Hawaii. Hotel was AWESOME, with AMAZING RESTAURANTS. Nice Beach, nice pools, PX, friendly staff. Good location...farther away from busy downtown life.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hollissaestep
Reviewed August 18, 2009

What a wonderful hotel to stay in. This is a military only hotel and I'm so glad I was lucky enough to be married to a military man so we could get into this hotel. It is so centrally located to everything we rented a car before we realized that we really didn't need one. We walked to breakfast, dinner, shopping and the beach was right outside our door. Everyone was so nice and the hotel itself was very clean and appealing. I can't wait to go back, we will never stay at any other hotel but the Hale Koa. I never said the work "AMAZING" so much in my life as I did those 2 weeks at the Hale Koa and Hawaii.

5  Thank twan60
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Husband, 10 year old daughter, and i spent a week here in late July. Absolutely wonderful!!! I debated on staying here or at another of the many "big name" hotels. I will never debate again, I will always stay at Hale Koa. It is a nice resort with a wonderful location. The room was nice and clean. We had a garden room that wad a view of the ocean. The room has a small fridge for drinks and snacks. The restaurants were fine, nothing spectacular, but good. We ate at the hotel at least once a day. The beach snack bar was a little unorganized, but OK. Some patrons were very impatient which was by far more annoying than their lack of organization. The pool was large and clean, always found chairs. They have a wierd deal at the pool by the ocean where they make kids get out for 15 minutes each hour for "adult swim". What?? The adults have their own pool at the hotel closer in toward lobby. If I didn't have kids, that's where I would be. It was no big deal, good time to make the kids get drinks and take bathroom break. The beach was right there, a small running/walking path seperated the hotel from beach. Further down on waikiki beach, the hotels were across a busy street. Had I chose a "big name" hotel, that would have been a big negative. Much easier access at Hale Koa. There was a park/picnic area right there with grills and picnic tables. The luau was great, better by far than I expected. Honestly, I could go on for hours. Just send me a message if you have any questions. Take avantage of all the military only privilages on this island. The Hale Koa did free hula lessons. Bellows air station has cheap lei making lessons, and surfing. I did research before we went and the activities desk has a book of all the military bases and the services they have. Golfers....some of the military courses are on the ocean.....beautiful!!

7  Thank i-luv-2-go-32
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Hawaii is fantastic. My husband and I were able to jet away after he returned from the desert. The hotel is right on the beach. We could have just laid on the beach everyday-there was way too much to do in Honolulu. At night, we would take walks around the city. There is a very high end shopping area on the ocean. It was lovely. We ate shaved ice-yummy. We went to the Good Egg which is walking distance from the hotel. Just make sure you have the correct address-they moved. Go to the Polynesian Cultural Center-so fun. Be sure to get tickets from ITT at Hickam. They are much cheaper than what even the hotel will sell them for. There is a nice mall a couple of miles away.
Anyway, we liked that there was an aafes in the hotel. We were able to get snacks and cereal. We had a nice partial ocean view-an unexpected upgrade. It was nice to sit on the balcony and look at the water. The service was good. We ate a quick meal at the hotel. It was ok. There is a luau but we skipped that and went to the one at the Polynesian Cult. Center since it was already part of our package deal. If you want a Starbucks, just walk over to the Hilton next door. You got to stay on the ocean,too, for a cheaper price but you can still walk through their complex.
The hotel was clean-good service. Overall, it was AWESOME! Aloha!!!! BTW, don't forget to include parking in your budgeting. I thinks it's $7 daily. Make sure you have quarters for parking about town, too.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank BrownSuga07
Reviewed July 24, 2009

This was a nice hotel within walking distance to resteraunts and bus stops. There is a beautiful outdoor sitting area. Car rental services are available. Just nice all around.

Date of stay: June 2009