“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have ever dreamed of you and your family surfing while on vacation in Hawaii? Get surfing today with our lessons at Surf HNL! We specialize in serving families and guests of Waikiki, and those staying around Oahu. Each of our programs helps you access real open ocean surf. Surf HNL focuses on teaching: at uncrowded beaches, beginner surfers, intermediate surfers, athletes, children, families, and multi-lesson programs. Improve your performance and decrease the risk of injury with our fun and knowledgeable instructors. Advanced reservations are required.
Decatur, Alabama
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Cecelia was a great instructor! I did a private 2 hour lesson. The first wave I caught... I was up 1/2 way... but by the second wave I had it. It was an awesome experience and would recommend to anyone. It exceeded my expectation of just wanting to get up... I actually surfed!!

Okinawa, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Went on vacation to Hawaii for 2 weeks and I just had to take surfing lessons. My hotel booked me with Girls Who Surf and with a name like that how could you go wrong? My experiance was awesome! Cici picked me up from my hotel and then picked up the other 2 students in our class. I got lucky with only having 3 people in our class, lots of personal 1-on-1 time with Cici in the water. She was/is an amazing instuctor. I was able to stand up and catch a wave on my second try and actually surfed! I'll never forget it. Thank you so much Girls Who Surf and a special thank you to Cici. Mahalo!

1 Thank arroz123
Saint John, Canada
“Catching A Wave is Soooooooo Fun!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

Just back for my vacation to Honolulu Hawaii. I had a chance to take the Basic surfing lesson with the group "Girls Who Surf" I had a Blast!!!

Surfing is Challenging BUT fun!!!! The instructors were great and Ian took some great pictures and video to capture the moment of me catching a wave!!!

I would recommend this as a "Must Do" activity for anyone visiting Hawaii!!!

Los Angeles, California
“I love surfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

This was by far the funnest activity in my 5 day trip to hawaii. Although I live close to the beach in 'california, I had to surf in hawaii. What a dream come true, I had such a blast. My instructor Ian was so friendly, funny, and patient. I was able to catch a lot of waves in my standards. After my lesson I was so tired, but it was worth it.. I can't wait to surf again!!!!!

Aloha!!!

Visited December 2010
Oakland,California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We set up a private lesson for our 12 year old daughter who had no previous surfing experience. Carol from Girls Who Surf picked us up from our hotel and took us to a quiet beach. After the initial instruction, Carol and our daughter went out for about two hours. Our daughter's balance isn't the greatest :^) (although she is a strong swimmer) and I could see from the shore that Carol spent time with her working specifically on her balance. It was quite a thrill to see her finally catch some waves. The Girls Who Surf service was exactly as represented on their web site and I would certainly recommend their private lessons.

Visited December 2010