“A great massage for a great value”

Honua Therapeutic Massage
Ranked #4 of 107 Spas & Wellness in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aloha, Experience a Massage From the Heart. We are a small private relaxing hideaway kind of place for those that wish a very specific and personal one on one therapist to customer interaction to fully customize your treatment for your specific requests. We dedicate the entire studio for each and every single customer, couple or pair and take great care in accepting the diversity and unique problems that customer's bring to our attention. In order to build a treatment suited for your needs whether it be releasing tension, jet lag from long toxic flights, relaxation or specific pains from work related stress or sports, athletics related pre-habilitation or as a recovery aid, we welcome specific inquiries and open dialogue assisting us to build an effective treatment tailored for your preference. Mahalo
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Denver, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great massage for a great value”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We read the other reviews here and decided to give it a shot since their prices were very reasonable for the area. We had a really great experience! Yes, it is in a hotel room, but It was actually nicer than I expected it to be. They have curtains up, soft lighting and music playing, baskets to put your belongings in, and even give you hot towels after. Very professional. The massage therapists were both great. They can also take credit cards, not just cash. Overall, a nice way to end our Hawaii trip!

Visited December 2011

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best reflexology massage I have ever had”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Had 2 different massages here on 2 different days. The reflexology massage was absolute heaven.

On the last day decided to have a Lomi Lomi massage, and whilst at the time the deep tissue massage did hurt a little, after a couple of days my whole body had lost all those little niggling knots that had bothered me from carrying too many shopping bags!

I would definately recommend Honua Therapeutic Massage and their staff are excellent.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank sydneymeegan
MN
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good price, average massage, bad location”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

The title pretty much sums it all. This "massage place" is located in a regular hotel room, which is ackward. It took me a while to find it, since I was confused by having to take the elevator to a regular hotel floor then walk a hallway to room 310 which had a small sign that said "Honua Therapeutic Massage". Then I knocked but noone opened (cause I later learned the lady was finishing a massage-no reception). I stood outside the door till she finished then walked into a small hotel bedroom which constitutes the massage place. No relaxing music or light or even comfortable sheets in the table; this is definitely not a spa. Being on a 3rd floor, you can hear the cars driving by the busy street in front, and the guests walking in the room above. The massage itself (kind of like a deep tissue) was just ok, she used way too much oil and I needed to shower soon after because of how much she used, and hours later my muscles were really hurting from how much pressure she used (I guess I could have asked her to use less). Price was good compared to other places, but I wouldn't go again.

2 Thank YFM
TeamHonua, Owner at Honua Therapeutic Massage, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Aloha! Thank you for your review. It will help us to better ourselves in the future. We try as much as possible to not over market ourselves and try our best to relay that we are NOT a full Spa facility. However, we do as much as possible to mimic that of a resort spa by offering the same customer service, but at a price that is more feasible for most people. We apologize for any miscommunication. We have seriously thought about all of your feedback and will now: Redesign our signs on the front door to direct our customers as to what they should do (i.e. Knock, Wait outside, etc.), offer all clients a hot towel to wipe off any excess oils at the end of all treatments, communicate with our clients more frequently about pressure, and have more visible signs through out the hotel to direct our clients. Again, thank you for your feed back as we are continuously trying to better ourselves.
Centereach, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT Massage! Cozy atmosphere & affordable”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I had a 60 minute Lomi Lomi massage scheduled @ Honua theraputic during the first week of March. I knew that this was not a full service/multi room spa. As stated in previous reviews, you must expect that going in for the treatment. That being said, the suite itself is clean and nicely decorated, soft music, soft lighting, and I felt very relaxed there.
The massage was WONDERFUL! Yuko was my therapist and she was amazing. I even extended my massage from 60 to 90 minutes because I was enjoying it so thoroughly. Her technique was incredibly relaxing and I left feeling like I was floating through Waikiki afterward. She hit every spot that was bothering me and I would highly recommend booking a massage here.

Helpful hints: location is directly across from the Honolulu Zoo in the Queen Kapiolani Hotel 3rd floor. They were able to accept credit cards when I visited & immediately sent a receipt via email. Very professional. Very affordable compared to other spas in the area.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank LMT5150
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great massage at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We just had a massage last week at Honua Therapeutic (they just moved to the 3rd floor of the Queen Kapiolani Hotel at 150 Kapahulu Avenue). My wife & I each enjoyed the 60 minute Lomi Lomi massage. We called them two weeks in advance to reserve our time & they immediately sent me a confirmation email. The massage itself was excellent, the room was tidy & clean, the ambiance was serene with exception of a little bus / street noise from outside (not bothersome). For us this was a very fair value for a great massage as part of an overall great Waikiki experience!

Visited February 2011