“Best service ever”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 10 February 2012

The service is an experience in itself
What a great choice

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Sungrazer

Reviewed 9 February 2012

The Trump is a fine city hotel, with correct and friendly service, good design, good location, comfortable & spacious rooms with high-end furniture, and all of this for a fair price.
I enjoyed staying there, nevertheless it does come across as a somewhat soulless city hotel.
I mean, we could be literally anywhere in the world, and allthough just about everything hits the mark, there's not really anything to write home about really.

Wow factor: the heated plunge pool with views of the ocean and Honolulu, great for sunset.
The negatives: Housekeeping can be a bit intrusive, never forget the sign on the door if you want privacy.
I would have enjoyed a seperate shower in the bathroom, especially since the tub is so deep, but that's about it.
I did have a minor incident with a knife at breakfast, wich was properly adressed by the staff, who took care of the bill.

So, all in all, a very recomendable high-end property that works like clockwork but won't overwhealm you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PortoTraveller
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My hubby and I decided to splurge on this hotel for our honeymoon. Service was excellent, everyone in Trump was so friendly and helpful. Location was good, not as crowded as compared to those hotels around the area. The room was spacious, clean, neat and everything that we needed was already in the bathroom. As this was our honeymoon, the hotel gave us complimentary champagne, but unfortunately we were still travelling hence we did not get it, but thought it was very lovely of Trump giving us a surprise. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you have the budget. I would definitely come back for the awesome service and people at Trump.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better scenery. Rooms at the end are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LYNLYNLYN
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here for my husband's birthday. This hotel was good but the one thing I was disapointed about is that my headphones went missing the first night I was there. I did tell the front desk. Nothing was ever done about it. Its upsetting how just one little thing can ruin your trip. The hotel even said they would call me with an update to where my headphones had gone to. That never happened. I have a guess where they could have gone to but I'll leave that up to you all to guess. Next time I would stay somewhere else this was a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pn16
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Melvino, Trump's beach rental guy is beyond belief. Talk about service, this guy defines the word. Great attitude, a real Aloha experience, if you visit Waikiki, tell him Dano sent you.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DanoIII
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed here in January for two nights, it was a very enjoyable stay. Location was good, up a bit from the main area of waikiki beach which was nice as it was a little less crowded with tourists. The room was nice and spacious and very conveniently has a kitchen. The hotel restaurants are lovely and the spa is worth a visit as well as the plunge pool. The service is amazing and staff always friendly. I would recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank veroniqueaimee
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have just returned from a lengthy at the Trump Hotel and I was very impressed that the great service standards we encountered on our first visit have not changed. We experienced the same friendliness and helpful service that we received a year ago. Often you will go to a hotel that once the newness wears off, service and standards begin to slip, but this is not so with the Trump Hotel Waikiki.

All staff that we encountered were as professional, friendly and courteous as the first time. We particularly liked the service from the Concierge who made a recommendation to an alternate restaurant when the one we had chosen was unavailable. This new restaurant was a great alternative and will be added to our list of restaurants we visit upon our return.

I do agree with other reviewers that the pool is quite small and you need to ensure that you get there early enough to get a chair in the sun. As we were there at a peak time, it can get very crowded for such a small space. It is a shame that they didn’t build a larger pool but the beach is just across the road, so if you find it really annoying you can go to the beach. You are in beautiful Hawaii with wonderful beaches, so the pool isn’t that important really.

We had an issue with the refrigerator in our room during our stay, and someone was up promptly to check it. As we had a few things stored in the fridge and were concerned about them spoiling, we were given a temporary refrigerator until it could be fixed.

We also like the turndown service so that your towels are replaced in the evening and having a bottle of water placed by your bedside is a nice touch. We received complimentary macaroons on the first night of our stay which we hadn’t received on our last stay so that was a nice surprise.

We really like that even though it is a large hotel, you don’t feel like you are in a busy hotel. Even over the peak Christmas/New Year period, it didn’t feel crowded. It is very quiet in your room and the hotel is incredibly relaxing. There is no other place to stay in Waikiki in our opinion.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple