“Very Good Property/GoodLocation/Excellent Service”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Western Canada
“Very Good Property/GoodLocation/Excellent Service”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

When you go to the beach, you stop at Trump Concierge and they give you a Trump bag with towels, a snack and room in the bag to put your sun tan lotion, camera and personal effects.
The Bell, Valet and Concierge desks are as you drive in. They treat you superb. Up to the 6th floor for Check in. On this 6th floor is the lobby, pool, restaurant and bar. Checkin fast and efficient. New rooms, so very well done decor. We had the smallest unit, and it was great for 2. Kitchen as you enter, then living room couch looking onto extremely comfortable king with sliding door, a view of Waikiki and of the beach between the Outrigger and the hotel beside it. I really nice view so that you could see the surfers.
We did some scuba with the Green Turtles about a mile out right in front of Waikiki Beach. Toured the island in a soft top Mustang. Spent a couple of days in chaises on the beach. Snorkelled Hanauma Bay which was good. Shopped and ate in Waikiki. We spent an afternoon at the pool. It is small but great view , nice hot tub and excellent service for drinks and lunch.
We had a great vacation and The Trump was the key. It was excellent and not over the top. This was really comfortable, with excellent staff and great service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Stevexyz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Upon Checking into the Trump, i immediately understood how it got its place as the #1 recommended hotel on Tripadvisor. The service from the point you stop your car outside the hotel to the time you get into your rooms, was impeccable. It was so good it got a little over-bearing towards the end of the day. On the first day after we checked in, the staff provided us with welcome drinks and accompanied us all the way to the room whilst showing us all the amenities on the way. After we got into our room, the reception left us a message on our phone welcoming us to the hotel and assuring us that she was a phone call away. Then we had house keeping visiting us to give us extra pillows and our welcome macaroons. As we were pretty jet lagged, we spent the first day just sleeping and relaxing in our rooms, housekeeping visited us twice more after for the turn down service. The valet who picked up our car also placed fresh mineral water bottles in our car ! Talk about attention to details!
Anyway it was clear to me how trump got its high ratings, they have a bunch of staff who are very dedicated to their jobs !
The location of this hotel is not literally steps away from the main area shopping areas in Waikiki, it is also not directly in front of the beach but i believe it is located at the quieter, "higher end" side of the strip.
Rooms are very clean, comfortable and good sized. If we should ever return to Waikiki, we will not hesitate to stay at the Trump again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank brownbaby
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2012

For starters, I was upgraded upon check-in to a 1-bedroom corner ocean view suite. I never stayed with Trump before, so I have no idea why I was upgraded, but I was not about to question it! My room was ready about an hour before the designated check-in time, but I had arrived early and was given a "hospitality room" to use until my room was ready. This was a fully furnished hotel room complete with King bed, full bathroom and kitchenette - just to use for a couple of hours. And how I appreciated it after the long travel day!!!

The level of service of the check-in staff was above and beyond expectations. Greeted right off by bell staff and directed to check-in. The check-in staff was very friendly, helpful, and attentive.

The suite was impeccably clean, beautifully and functionally furnished, and the bathroom had a both a generously sized shower and tub. I did not use the washer/dryer but would have appreciated that amenity if I had stayed longer than one night. The room was very quiet - I never had to use the earplugs I always bring with me when I travel.

The walk to the beach is 2 blocks and there is a direct path, so not a big deal to me that I was not right on the beach.

I did not try the restaurants or spa on sight, but I will say that the spa toiletries included with the room were all of excellent quality.

Also, the internet service was free, which I appreciate as a frequent traveler so I can stay connected.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank phoenixjewel
Calgary
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at the Trump Hotel March 1-7, and had amazing service from all staff members at this hotel!
This hotel is not directly on the beach, but a short 2 minute walk gets you to the beach behind the Outrigger Beach hotel.
This is a great location as there are a tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance. We had no problems with hearing any traffic from the roads below.

The reception staff was very accommodating, and helped us out by allowing us a late check-out on the day of our departure. The concierge staff were very friendly and helpful when we asked for any directions, or had any questions about the area in general.
You get a beach bag from the concierge which contains towels, sunblock, fruit, and water. Fantastic!

There was a kitchenette in the room which was very helpful in cutting costs of eating out. The pool is a small infinity pool, but it is very nice. There is also a small hot tub- which is very hot!
The bed in the room was extremely comfortable.
All in all, a very pleasant stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Empidonax
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great room, I didn't realize that there were full kitchens in each room, what a great surprise! Staff are extremely nice, always helpful. We asked the concierge about the North Shore and they provided us with an information sheet with some popular stops with descriptions and pictures on a map. Ask the concierge for beach towels, they provide you with a cooler type beach bag with towels, apple, orange, water and sunscreen. The cars are parked offsite so if you need to be somewhere, go down 10 minutes early just in case. Too bad the hotel wasn't right on the beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank michelle1414
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump Int'l Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk and absolutely loved our stay there! We were most impressed with the hotel staff who were always very pleasant, helpful, and obviously committed to providing excellent service. We had a partial ocean view in what I believe was a king studio suite. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely furnished. The beds were very comfortable. In fact, I wouldn't mind having the same mattress in our home bedroom.

Although the bathroom was very nice, I did not like the "open" shower in the bathroom in our particular suite. There was no door or shower enclosure which would have been nice to have to avoid getting cold. This didn't seem to bother my husband - so maybe it was a bigger deal to me since I tend to get cold frequently. But all in all, the entire suite was comfortable and a great place to relax during our week-long stay.

The daily complimentary water and fruit bags that were provided to us were a nice touch. I would most definitely stay here again upon returning to Waikiki!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FLtraveler6
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We could not believe the service and how nice all staff was. We will always stay at a trump property if one is in the city. Clean and just perfect.

• Stayed February 2012