Review Highlights
Can't say enough good things about Greg and Big Kahuna!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Yslandgyrl
Portland OR
via mobile
First time scuba diving!!

A late review and I apologise! I had such a fun time with this team this past summer, August... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Travelislife1129
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews captain greg scuba dive octopus large sea turtles these guys an unforgettable experience open water certification beginners boat mask briefing company hawaii eels blast whales waikiki
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It was my first time scuba diving and even though I'm adventurous, I was a bit nervous. Greg explains things thoroughly and with a sense of humor so that by the time you've got your tank on and are in the water you feel totally capable and ready. Greg and his assistant (also named Greg) go out of their way to be sure you're having a great time while always being focused on safety. During the dive they regularly checked in with everyone to be sure we were all still thumbs up.

Side note - you don't need a Groupon. Call Greg directly and he'll hook you up for the same great rate.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My entire party and I never been scuba diving before. We decided what better place to try scuba for the first time than in Hawaii. We booked him on a Saturday morning and the entire expedition lasted from 830am to roughly 1pm. To clarify Big Kahuna Watersports rides out on the same boat with another scuba company called Island Divers, but Greg and Greg from BHW are the ones you provide you instruction and gear rental.

Can't say enough how great it was setting out with both Gregs. As nervous as Scuba can be Greg and his assitant ken doll Scuba Steve both calm our nervousness with humor and very clear instruction. They were holding our hand the entire dive. They took us to a great spot in the bay where plenty of turtles would swim along our boat. When we dived we saw turtles up close, like 5 ft close! OMG their so beautiful up close. I wished I rented a Gopro so I can save the visual of the turtle swmming next to us.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first scuba wiht Greg I only wish I can come back and go scuba with BHW again. Highly recommend BHW for great hospitality and great vibes.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A late review and I apologise!
I had such a fun time with this team this past summer, August 2018!!
My first time to ever scuba dive. The entire team is very professional and they are passionate about what they do! Greg the leader is awesome and so is the other Greg!!
Thank you for 2 awesome dives and for opening my world to a new hobby that I will pursue!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing experience. Greg and the rest of the crew exceeded my expectations. Everyone was so professional, helpful, attentive, and really just wanted is to have an awesome safe experience and we did. If you are considering trying scuba diving these are the guys to go with.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First time scuba diving and I was terrified.. Like seriously terrified. Our instructor, Greg, met us at the dock, introduced himself and gave a quick rundown. Once on the boat, more detailed instructions followed and we met the rest of the crew and the other tour groups. We were issued all gear needed and shown how to use it. Then given a short quiz to ensure we understood.

I didn't say anything but as it got time to suit up, I began to really freak out. As I put my face into the water and began trying to breathe, it really hit me. I couldn't get my legs to float like they told me to and I was having a hard time breathing and clearing my mask and making my ears pop..

Greg was already in the water and he came over to me and motioned for me to put my legs down and come down the rope toward him. Then he motioned for me to pop my ears, then to clear my mask.. He kept giving me hand motions and before I knew it.. I was several feet under water.. Holy sh*t!! I was diving!!! He knew exactly what I needed to get myself out of my head.

Once I was at the bottom, my fiance bumped into me and I started freaking out A LOT. Greg came back over to me right away and calmed me down. Then at some point while waiting for the other divers to make their way to the bottom horizontal pole, I was trying to fix my goggles and I let go of the pole and started to float away and down and I started to freak out again and I was looking around and found the instructor Bill swimming toward me and he took my hand and pulled me back to the pole to hold on to.

The entire experience was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! I was literally so close to a sea turtle I could have kissed him if it wasn't illegal and I HELD an octopus!!!

I have never in my life done anything so cool and cannot wait to do it again. This was by far the most amazing experience ever. And given the opportunity, I would go back to Greg in a heartbeat. He is so knowledgeable and patient and kind. If you get the chance, go with him. He truly cares about YOU as a person and isn't business hungry.. He wants you to enjoy the experience and the nature and fall in love with the ocean.. He totally succeeded with me. I can say that much. Thank you Greg.. From the bottom of my heart.. You really sparked a passion in me I never knew was there. You are wonderful!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a dive today with Greg and Greg from Big Kahuna, highly recommend going with them. I was a first time diver and they made everything really easy and informative. They have an awesome introductory for leaner divers. Awesome seeing the turtle so close in their own habitat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We saw several turtles and several varieties of fish and even an eel. I think we saw more fish snorkeling but the dive experience was a lot of fun. We had great guides who walked us through the whole process and made sure we felt safe and watched out for. We would go again for sure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Both Greg’s really made this an incredible experience!! I highly recommend you dive with them over all the other companies. They really know how to take care of you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

STOP SEARCHING and RESERVE with BIG KAHUNA NOW !!! I never dove before and after my first dive with them, I was absolutely hooked and got my open house water certification with them!!! Don't be nervous! Greg is such an excellent, attentive, and seasoned instructor you cannot possibly go wrong. He explains everything thoroughly and uses Scuba Steve for visuals to help ensure you you understand everything. He teaches you how to communicate under water so anything can be fixed or to just show you all of the amazing sea life. Tons of turtles, an eel, sea cucumber, octopus, coral, puffer, needle and angel fish are just a few of the marvels you'll swim with. This is my second year diving and I always come back to the Big Kahuna. I don't even want to dive with anyone else. If you think you might get sea sick, it's wise to take Dramamine the night before and and hour before the dive... just in case... Otherwise you might feed the fishes ;)

Ps don’t forget to tip the boat crew and your dive instructor

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Family of 5 visiting Oahu for our first time. Decided to try out scuba. Love to snorkel but no scuba experience. Greg and Greg were fantastic! Made our experience just awesome. My kiddos can’t wait to scuba again. Thanks a ton!