My parents surprised me with an overnight stay at the Modern the night before my birthday while they watched our babies.
Even though we only live 2.5 miles from the property and I've grown up in Honolulu, my husband and I truly felt like we were on vacation as soon as we arrived. We were greeted by a friendly and informed staff. Our room was ocean front, which because the way the hotel is situated, when you go out on the balcony you look directly at the marina from the side we were on. So pretty.
The decor was just our style, crisp and clean with pops of color. Updated features like a keurig and ipad upon request delivered to your room. The marble bathrooms and comfortable bedding...beautiful. I loved the 3 sarongs hanging on the wall in our room.
We had breakfast at Morimoto's. Seriously, what a GORGEOUS foyer!
Then we enjoyed an afternoon at the salt water pool. So relaxing. My mom even brought our kids by so they could have some pool time. There is a long and wide first step into the pool that is about 3 inches deep and it was perfect for my 1.5 year old to splash around in. The pool staff was super friendly and brought us refreshing complimentary glasses of lemon water for all of us as soon as we found some lounge chairs.
I actually worked at the world famous Halekulani, but the Modern is more my style and I would rather stay here.
The Kamaaina rate is awesome and we will definitely make this a yearly tradition!
(it looks like my pictures are posting sideways....sorry!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii