4,525 results
All reviews the study morimoto restaurant sunrise pool iron chef day bed pool area waikiki beach ala moana shopping our honeymoon adult pool main pool amazing hotel min walk red lobster pool staff turn down service main waikiki
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Our third trip to Hawaii and our first stay @TheModern and this trip and stay by far was the ultimate. Hotel staff and facilities were simply outstanding. Nothing was a problem. Conveniently located hotel to shops busses and more.

I hope to see you soon

Room Tip: We were on the 17th.. Great views
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel -great location. Staff are so helpful! Convenient to Ala Moana where I had work. Not right in downtown Waikiki but that is what I wanted. Fantastic drinks at the poolside bar.

My second time staying here and even my fussy husband was impressed.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017

Very cool lobby, "sexy" pool, nice staff,clean,and good location.
5-10mins walk to Ala moana shopping center and Beach park. 3 mins to hilton beach park. It has a great restaurant at the pool but also a very famous japanese restaurant Morimoto at 2nd flood. They both have sunset view. All the staff were very friendly.
Coolest hotel in Hawaii.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017

I travel to Hawaii for vacation and business; this hotel is hands down the best with delivering an exceptional experience time and time again. The minimalistic décor and laid back Hawaiian vibe add to a relaxing environment. My family and business partners alike enjoy the cuisine and beautiful ambiance. I have frequented dozens of HonoluIu Hotels and this one has me coming back because of the appreciation of my business, great service and an overall 5 star experience. I want to add a special call out to Jennifer Kim who always ensures my stays are flawless by going above and beyond! She is truly a gem and you are lucky to have her on your team.

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean view!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2017

The Modern is easily the best hotel I've ever stayed in. We spent 10 nights in an ocean front suite which had a stunning view of the harbour and beach (there was even a fireworks display on three nights of our stay).

The room, pools and restaurants are all tastefully decorated and very relaxing to spend time in. I highly recommend trying the new Ravish restaurant, the food and cocktails are great.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family