“Worth seeking this place out.”
Review of Steak Shack

Steak Shack
Ranked #8 of 2,595 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If it wasn't for TripAdvisor reviews on this place, we would have avoided it. It doesn't look great but the queue of people out the front tell a different story. We had the chicken plate and steak plate, both great but the chicken was better. Tender, marinated fillet with rice and a basic salad. Heaps of food for $6.25 a plate...where else can you get that in Waikiki? For tourists craving "real" food, this hit the spot nicely and saved us some cash. Go early, they close between 6:30 and 7:00pm...oh, and don't judge the book by its cover!

3  Thank Leanne H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My fav lunchtime meal BY FAR and the cheapest. Chicken, steak or a combo BBQ'd and served with rice and salad. A simple concept done to perfection. Well done guys. Ate here many times during our 2 week stay, if only the food at some expensive hotel restaurants was as tasty as that served at Steak Shack. Friendly owner/operator always a plus too!

3  Thank Joel82
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Cook Joe knows how to do it. Very large portions--combo for $10 you won't be able to eat it all. Perfect for take out!

2  Thank Auddy
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Steak Shack is a little booth on Waikiki Beach at the Outrigger Reef resort. It is so small that it is very easy to miss. I have to thank my TripAdvisor friends for leading me to this place, because I never would have stopped there if I'd seen it without reading your reviews, and I never would have found it at all without your help.

There are three choices: steak, chicken, and steak-and-chicken. All three come with rice and a simple iceberg-carrot-red cabbage salad. You pay $6.25 or $10.00 (for the combination) in cash and get your food in a styrofoam container. As the other reviewers said: this is a take-out operation only, but there are outdoor tables a few feet away associated with Ft. Derussy Beach Park.

The meats are cooked to order on a tiny grill while you watch, and both the steak and chicken were excellent (I had one, hubby had the other). I particularly liked how the chicken had no cartilage or gristle. Don't forget to douse your chicken (and maybe even your steak) in their homemade teriyaki sauce!

The Steak Shack is very convenient to the resorts on the west end of Waikiki Beach. We were staying at the Lagoon Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it only took us a leisurely 15 minute stroll down the beachside sidewalk to the Steak Shack. Look for the Subway at the Outrigger Reef and you'll find the Steak Shack nearby. Get there early, because they close at 7.

5  Thank Jill D
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've been back three days in a row - great, cheap, friendly service! With all the deep fried takeaway avaIlable this place was our saviour. $6.25 for the steak plate, $10 for chicken and steak combo and no tax etc added. We love this place, we'll definitely be back

4  Thank Mixymouse