“Great location”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place after reading all the reviews .... but even though the size of the meal was plentiful I found the meat was a little over cooked, chewy and tasteless. I had a bit of food envy as hubby had chicken which looked and tasted great.
Ideal location right on beach!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed January 10, 2018

...a shack... it's right on the beach, next to a Subway. I dont know what people complain about, the meat was excellent. Cooked medium rare, as requested.
They have 3 sizes 8 oz, 10 oz and 14 oz.
I paid 33 or 34 $ for 10 and 14 oz. You get steamed rice and salad + dressing with your meat.
The juices from the meat go into your rice. AWESOME!
I enjoyed my lunch on the beach, under my umbrella and with my draught beer from the "beer shack", next to the grills and benches, under the shade, along the same alley :)

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I stumbled across the Steak Shack by accident. Walking along the beach I could not resist the smell of freshly cooked steak and chicken.

Given it was lunch time I noticed a large number of locals enjoying the fine food from the Steak Shack and within a minute I joined the queue and placed an order for a mixed plate.

Great value for money and the food was very enjoyable. Take a seat out the front or find a spare seat near the beach. I made two visits to this establishment during my 7 day stay in Waikiki.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Still the best value meal with a view in Hawaii. For $8.75 you can choose between steak or teriyaki chicken with a scoop of rice and salad. Both very well cooked and fresh. Sit on the benches for either a view of the beach or the fireworks on a Friday night - yum!!

1  Thank Lions300
Reviewed January 4, 2018

good value for food while by the beach. simply good food and friendly staff definitely and good bargain for your dollar.