“On the Beach ! Outstanding Food”
Review of Steak Shack

Steak Shack
Ranked #9 of 2,595 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Very laid back, great food, fresh. Looking for that meal which is under $10 for a quick lunch? This is it; we went twice within the three days we were in Hawaii. They are on the beach area. Rice, steak/chicken and salad. Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Excellent for lunch on the beach or dinner in a rush however meals are served in polystyrene dishes - really............ Steak Shack get rid of these dishes, they are bad for the environment and horrible to eat out of.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place after reading all the reviews .... but even though the size of the meal was plentiful I found the meat was a little over cooked, chewy and tasteless. I had a bit of food envy as hubby had chicken which looked and tasted great.
Ideal location right on beach!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

...a shack... it's right on the beach, next to a Subway. I dont know what people complain about, the meat was excellent. Cooked medium rare, as requested.
They have 3 sizes 8 oz, 10 oz and 14 oz.
I paid 33 or 34 $ for 10 and 14 oz. You get steamed rice and salad + dressing with your meat.
The juices from the meat go into your rice. AWESOME!
I enjoyed my lunch on the beach, under my umbrella and with my draught beer from the "beer shack", next to the grills and benches, under the shade, along the same alley :)

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I stumbled across the Steak Shack by accident. Walking along the beach I could not resist the smell of freshly cooked steak and chicken.

Given it was lunch time I noticed a large number of locals enjoying the fine food from the Steak Shack and within a minute I joined the queue and placed an order for a mixed plate.

Great value for money and the food was very enjoyable. Take a seat out the front or find a spare seat near the beach. I made two visits to this establishment during my 7 day stay in Waikiki.