“Best Lunch/Dinner in Hawaii”
Review of Steak Shack

Steak Shack
Ranked #7 of 141 Quick Bites in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2018

The Steak Shack is awesome! Prepared fresh, delicious, staff super friendly, affordable and an epic sunset view!!! They offer steak or chicken or a combination of both, with rice, leafy green salad and salad dressing. The steak is prepared as ordered (rare to well done). They also have a few different sauces to add to the meat and rice. Our favourite is their own special teriyaki sauce! Yum! Since 2010, we visit Oahu once or twice every year and the Steak Shack is our favourite place to eat lunch and or dinner!!!
Food is super tasty and we love that it is on the beach with an awesome view of the sunset! Because it's so casual you can enjoy a "fantastic meal" outdoors, on beautiful Waikiki beach, in your fancy clothes or simply your beach wear and not cut short what I'm sure is an awesome day on Oahu!!!
I could only click one of lunch or dinner and chose dinner but we have both lunch and dinner there.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Sal S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed January 15, 2018

Very laid back, great food, fresh. Looking for that meal which is under $10 for a quick lunch? This is it; we went twice within the three days we were in Hawaii. They are on the beach area. Rice, steak/chicken and salad. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018

Excellent for lunch on the beach or dinner in a rush however meals are served in polystyrene dishes - really............ Steak Shack get rid of these dishes, they are bad for the environment and horrible to eat out of.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place after reading all the reviews .... but even though the size of the meal was plentiful I found the meat was a little over cooked, chewy and tasteless. I had a bit of food envy as hubby had chicken which looked and tasted great.
Ideal location right on beach!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 10, 2018

...a shack... it's right on the beach, next to a Subway. I dont know what people complain about, the meat was excellent. Cooked medium rare, as requested.
They have 3 sizes 8 oz, 10 oz and 14 oz.
I paid 33 or 34 $ for 10 and 14 oz. You get steamed rice and salad + dressing with your meat.
The juices from the meat go into your rice. AWESOME!
I enjoyed my lunch on the beach, under my umbrella and with my draught beer from the "beer shack", next to the grills and benches, under the shade, along the same alley :)

Date of visit: November 2017