“Right on the beach with good food!”
Review of Steak Shack

Steak Shack
Ranked #6 of 2,578 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 18, 2018

You should walk to this place if on the beach in Waikiki. Its good food at a reasonable price. The steak was about $9 and came with two scoops of rice and salad. There is a beer place right around the corner. This is a great lunch for the beach!

3  Thank freddythibo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

Boy am I glad I decided to get the steak AND chicken combo! My sister and I read great reviews about this place and added it to our list of must-eat-at places while vacationing in Honolulu. It's a tiny beach-side shack on the quieter side of Waikiki Beach, but don't let that fool you. They serve steak/chicken (or both) with a side of rice and salad.

They're known for their steak, but their chicken was waayyy better! It was tender, succulent and filled with flavor. We got a bunch of their sauces but didn't even use them. SIMPLE YET AMAZING is all I can say. The steak left a lot to be desired though, so I would recommend getting both or the chicken alone. I really wish I had gone back one last time.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2018

The Steak Shack is awesome! Prepared fresh, delicious, staff super friendly, affordable and an epic sunset view!!! They offer steak or chicken or a combination of both, with rice, leafy green salad and salad dressing. The steak is prepared as ordered (rare to well done). They also have a few different sauces to add to the meat and rice. Our favourite is their own special teriyaki sauce! Yum! Since 2010, we visit Oahu once or twice every year and the Steak Shack is our favourite place to eat lunch and or dinner!!!
Food is super tasty and we love that it is on the beach with an awesome view of the sunset! Because it's so casual you can enjoy a "fantastic meal" outdoors, on beautiful Waikiki beach, in your fancy clothes or simply your beach wear and not cut short what I'm sure is an awesome day on Oahu!!!
I could only click one of lunch or dinner and chose dinner but we have both lunch and dinner there.

1  Thank Sal S
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Very laid back, great food, fresh. Looking for that meal which is under $10 for a quick lunch? This is it; we went twice within the three days we were in Hawaii. They are on the beach area. Rice, steak/chicken and salad. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Excellent for lunch on the beach or dinner in a rush however meals are served in polystyrene dishes - really............ Steak Shack get rid of these dishes, they are bad for the environment and horrible to eat out of.