2,331 results
All reviews hilton lagoon full kitchen waikiki beach rentals private condo jack lord ocean view ala moana friday night fireworks red lobster the hilton hawaiian village large balcony living area across the street valet parking fireworks show convenience store bit dated
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Stayed 6 nights at Illikai Hotel and Luxury Suites on the 22nd floor with a ocean view. We were very well pleased with the quality of the room and were grateful for the kitchenette which was put to good use for breakfast daily. Hotel is close to the beach (5 minute walk) and they give beach towels and beach chairs. Hotel is also close to restaurants, shops, and the marina thus we were able to make a quick walk to the outdoor store if needed. We also rented a car for the week and utilized the parking over at Red Lobster for $23 a day. Parking at the hotel is $28 daily. Friday night there are fireworks at the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon which can easily be seen through your balcony if you have the ocean view suite thus it was a fantastic way to end our vacation. We had a wonderful stay at the Illikai and look forward to returning

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabeeeeeena418
Wes K, General Manager at Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Aloha sabeeeeeena418! Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your great comments. We're glad you enjoyed one of our Luxury Ocean View Junior Suites. They all have a full kitchen which makes is very convenient and adds great value. Yes, our location is perfectly situated as you're so close to the beach as well as many restaurants and shops, including the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Many enjoy the Friday night fireworks show next door at the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon. We're glad it was the perfect way to end your vacation and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed May 15, 2018

We stayed in suite 2008 as part of an AirBNB and could not have been more pleased. Even though this is a privately owned condo, we used the parking valets at the hotel and they were so accommodating. $28 / per 24 hours. Yes, there is a less expensive place to park on the other side of the property near the marina, but it was so nice to have someone park our car, grab our bags without the hassle. The suite itself was awesome! So clean, nicely decorated and so comfortable. The deck - actually more like a lanai, looked over the harbor. We had about a 180 degree view of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever witnessed. The resort has a good restaurant where we had breakfast every morning before setting out for the day. They also had quite a few stores, small grocery store, ice cream shop and some live music. It was a perfect location for our stay Waikiki and I would definitely stay again. Loved it!

Room Tip: Our room was 2008 with a gorgeous view of the harbor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enjoyingthetravel
Wes K, General Manager at Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Aloha Enjoyingthetravel! We're glad you enjoyed your vacation but you mistakenly posted your review for the Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites when you stayed in a privately owned condo that is not part of the hotel. We hope you'll choose to stay with us on your future visit to Waikiki. We have a 24/7 manned front desk to service you as well as on site staff to ensure you have a comfortable stay. Our daily housekeeping service and responsive maintenance staff allows you to enjoy your accommodations without any worries while you enjoy your vacation.

Mahalo,

Reviewed May 10, 2018

We are award winning Hoteliers from Rotorua Nz. We arrived early around 1000 in the morning, Chester on reception was just fabulous. He was not only able to check us in early but gave us an upgrade to an 'Ocean View Room'. We had a wonderful 7 night stay, our room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and the lifts fast, walking distance from Alamoana, also great Cafes and a neat little mini-mart onsite. The other special thing about the Ilikai is it's age and history, which made it all the more special.If we are lucky enough to make it back to Hawaii one day, it will definately return to the Ilikai.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike and Annema... G
Wes K, General Manager at Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Aloha Mike and Annema... G! Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your positive comments. Reading your comments certainly brought a smile to my face. We're delighted that Chester and the rest of our staff were able to service you with the utmost attention and "Aloha Spirit." Like yourselves, many enjoy our location and close proximity to the State's largest shopping mall...Ala Moana Shopping Center. We thank you again and look forward to your next visit with us!

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Reviewed May 7, 2018

I visited Maui for a week with 3 of my children and then went to Honolulu. I was on my own as my husband was unable to make it. I have five nights at the Ilikai and my second visit was as good as my first. I was upgraded to an ocean view room, which was super. During our first visit in January, I was ill the entire time and unable to do much, and as a result didn't pay too much attention to the inclusions in the resort fee. While almost every hotel now charges a resort fee, the Ilikai fee of $25/day is good value. It includes admission to Bishop Museum (which is $24.95/adult), access to a shuttle service, towels and more. I also neglected to mention in my first review that our lovely housekeeper took it upon herself to wash the glasses I had left in the sink as I was ill. I did call Guest Services back and let them know about her extraordinary service. This visit I was unable to get the wifi to work (my fault) or the TV. Both were resolved in very short order. Now I need an excuse to go back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Wes K, General Manager at Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Aloha Janet I! Thank you very much for your continued patronage and we're so glad your 2nd stay was just as good as your 1st. We appreciate your honesty and so happy you can see the great value in our nightly amenity fee which is much lower than other properties in Waikiki. In addition to the Waikiki shuttle service and beach towels, it also includes beach chairs, wifi, unlimited DVD/PS3 rentals, newspaper, room safe, and toll free/local calls. We currently offer the promo for Bishop Museum but it's only for a limited time and not part of the amenity fee. We look forward to being your hotel of choice once you find that excuse to come back!

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Great apartments and if you select the right rooms overlooking the ocean will catch the fireworks on every Friday night at the Hawaiian Hilton Village resort. Rooms are spacious and clean with great annuities. Washing machines on each floor and the lift system us fantastic. 3 mins max wait for us so far.
Very well located close to shopping centres and access to trolley/ bus services. Also has car hire/ tour and snorkeling options plus more.
Price was very good compared to resorts.
Coffee / ice cream and local shops all at base if hotel. Restaurants within walking distance or 2 dollar ride on the pink trolley if you prefer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha Dean W! Thank you for your review. Yes, all of our Luxury Ocean View Junior Suites are on the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon side of the building where you can see the Friday night fireworks. For a clear and unobstructed view, request to be in the wing nearest the ocean. Dave's Ice Cream recently opened in the lobby for the perfect afternoon treat to help keep you cool. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Mahalo,