My wife and I have stayed at several Aqua properties (Renew, Bamboo, Hotel Wailea, Kauai Beach) and we will continue to do so in the future for any number of reasons, but the one that sets these resorts apart from other chains, or larger properties, can be summed up in two words: "Excellent Service".
If the Hotel Wailea is the Crown Princess of the Aqua properties, then most assuredly the Ilikai is the Queen.
Our party consisted of 3, 40+ year-old adults and a couple newly-minted college grads, and we had three rooms on the 24th floor overlooking the ocean and marina.
1. Management Staff. Very cordial, and accomodating. Great followthrough. Couldnt ask for better, anywhere.
2. Location. A block from the great foodcourt at Ala Moana mall; plenty of other places to eat less than a block away. Excellent beach.
3. Value. The rooms are solidly built, very quiet, well-maintained, and a heck of a value for the area. While I cant speak on behalf of anyone else, I think the rate I received from a direct booking and 60 day pre-pay was superb
Cant think of any from our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites is a classic oceanfront hotel situated on the Ala Wai Yacht Marina at the edge of Waikiki and just a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and 2 blocks to the Hawaii Convention Center. Internationally-recognized as the famous opening shot of Hawaii Five-O with Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett standing on the penthouse balcony overlooking Waikiki Beach, the hotel is truly a Waikiki landmark. Each guest room and suite features extra spacious accommodations with a large lanai offering fabulous views. The hotel walkway from the lobby leads to the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon and beach. With our hospitality fee for all stays, Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi throughout the hotel, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, and Water in Lobby, You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, fitness room, coffee shop, rooftop restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilikai Hotel And Suites
- Ilikai Hotel Hawaii
- Ilikai Honolulu
- Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites Honolulu, Hawaii