US$505
US$211
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
US$256
Agoda.com
US$222
US$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

US$227
US$219
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$329
US$271
Priceline
1,363 results
All reviewsacross the streetmoana terracewaikiki beachresort feebreakfast buffetocean viewabc storediamond headper daypool barlarge hotelupgraded roomhonolulu zoomai tairestaurants and shopsbit datedself parking
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Our stay here was not what I totally expected when I booked us here last week. I bad gone back and forth between booking the Moana Surfrider and ultimately my husband's Marriott elite status won. We booked a 'ocean view room'. We checked in online via the app and got to the resort about 1pm and were told the computers were down and they did not know if any upgrades were available or if the room we actually had was available due to this computer outage. Knowing that an early check in is not always a guarantee anyway and more of an elite perk, we went down the way for lunch. It was nice to be able to leave our bags and change in the Hospitality Lounge which has showers; dressing room and even an iron. After lunch it was now after 3pm and we wanted our room. Well, the system was still down. Our room was not even close to an ocean view; it was partial, at best. Not what we booked and facing another building. The bathroom was tiny., separate is the sink area for makeup and what not and it's small too. The coffee maker had to be plugged in over here, as no plug exists under the place they have it stored. The room itself was basic. The two beds were not even queens they were doubles. I knew it was not an upgraded room , BUT, we were in Hawaii... and their system was down. Do we want to spend our time complaining? No. When my husband called to ask about the room the response was that we could move to a panoramic view tomorrow but we would have to come downstairs with all of our bags and check back into the new room. Not doing that., as it takes away from island time. Our first night was incredibly loud as the building across is a bar with live music. It goes until past 0100am. Due to my husband's status with Marriott, We were given one breakfast coupon pp p day. Usually due to my husband's status when no Club is on property the option of drink coupons; points; or breakfast is given and it's usually for two. Mind you the breakfast buffet was $35 each without a coupon. We used them in one day and there is no way I thought this buffet was worth that much.. But, yes, it was good. I guess we just don't eat that much. Would you pay $35 for Embassy Suites breakfast that's included with the room rate ? This buffet is on par with that. Good but not $35 pp good. The Moana Terrace is a great place on property for drinks and apps. Has a great view of the beach and ocean. The Sensei Sushi Restaurant is also very good. The hotel is across the street from the small beach which is public.. so with that hefty resort fee, you get no beach chairs, etc. Like some hotels down the way, ( Moana Surfrider or Royal Hawaiian;)). The pool sits back from the beach viewing and is pretty basic and nothing amazing. There did not seem to be pool service for drinks but the bar is near. You get complimentary classes like Hula or Lei making that run from 0930-1030 or yoga or zumba and some discounts on excursions that can be booked at the resort. We thought that these discounts would be applied, however, as we booked two. Nope. They were not. Ask when booking as Amanda the Concierge was great but did not apply these discounts or ask when booking and after, it's too late. There is a Starbucks and ABC on property and a Honolulu Cookie on the corner too.
All in all this resort just did not excite me and for a few bucks more we could have had a true resort experience with stepping out of resort on to the sand. This hotel for having status left us under whelmed with the computer system and blah room which was not an ocean view as we booked and felt like a business hotel room. Status or not, we probably won't book here on our next stay in Hawaii.

Room Tip: Request room facing Kehio Beach - BUT keep in mind unless a panorama room.. NONE are ocean front..
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Kimberly V
Chi M, Manager at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. We will be updating all of our guest rooms starting in October of this year in an effort to improve our product for our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Good locations just opposite site of the Waikiki beach very convenience also near by shopping area and if you want to go to Alamona center from there just walk across the hotel get the PINK line bus I also walk there sometimes. The gym is huge and varieties. I like the TV which big screen and you can use the internet TV login to Netflix. There are ABC store at the hotel as well. The staff really friendly and welcome I experience myself it was heavy rains and I am standing near the concierge counter they were offer an umbrella to borrow. Only one problem I face is about the noise seem like I can hear next door flushing and the door slam. However I do enjoy the stay there and will recommend to my friends.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Daii H
Reviewed April 19, 2018

My stay here was good overall, though not especially memorable. Perhaps I have been spoiled by some of the premier properties I've had the blessing of staying at, but this hotel missed that "something" that made it special. Still, it was a good place overall.

Check-in was fine, though robotic, especially compared to the awesome people at the Marriott on Maui.

I was given a room upgrade to an ocean view room on the 19th floor as a Marriott Gold member. I guess it did have a view of the ocean, through the neighboring skyscrapers. It left a lot to be desired and the ocean was pretty far away. I couldn't hear the waves crashing over the street noise down below. A room on a higher floor would have cut down on the noise, but alas that was not to be on this stay.

The room featured 2 double beds, which were just okay comfort wise with just a thin sheet as a comforter. The shower was one of the adjustable handicapped shower heads, with poor water pressure. The room was merely adequate and far from special.

You need to cross a busy street to get to the beach, which was disappointing. At least the (public) beach was nice with good sand. The location of the hotel is convenient to many shops and restaurants, and there are several within the hotel.I was granted complimentary breakfast (see my separate review) as a Gold member, which was appreciated.

Overall, my stay here was average. It provided clean, safe accommodations, though wasn't especially personalized or luxurious.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Fzedlach
Chi M, Manager at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

The location is fabulous and the service was better than average. I will be posting a review on TripAdvisor based on my experience here that I did not see when going over reviews written previously. I am a Marriott Platinum Member and disappointed in our experience. First of all, the property is very dated with popcorn ceilings and four square walls similar to a Best Western. We reserved a king bed and got a room with two singles for our second honeymoon in Hawaii. The room featured connecting doors and the neighbors were up and loud until after 1AM. We were tired being wired to East Coast time so the noise wasn't welcome. The bathroom is incredibly small and when utilizing it you cannot close the door to keep the light from waking up your partner.
Given $250 room charge and the $37 up charge for a resort fee, the overall value of this property is not comparable to similar, more updated Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Spend more than $350 to get a better room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaxdean2015
Chi M, Manager at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms starting in October which does include the bathroom to be a little larger. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We had one night here due to a cancelled flight, so the airline picked up the tab. Given that they managed to accommodate a plane-load of people at relatively short notice, they did well.
However, the decor was a strange mix of modern and 1970s. The bathroom door was a sliding wooden door that didn't really close properly. Having just stayed a week at the Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki, it was easy to compare. The Courtyard's decor was much more up-to-date. The room sizes were similar, but to be fair, the bed and pillows at the Marriott were more comfortable. However, the shower and hairdryer at the Courtyard were better - at the Marriott we had a shower over the tub. While the Marriott is nice and close to Waikiki beach, it is quite a walk to shops and restaurants. The Courtyard's location is more central. The Marriott has plenty of shops inside, so maybe the idea is you would not need to leave. We had originally wished we had spent more and stayed at the Marriott, but realise now the main difference is location. Oh, and price. Choose your accommodation wisely!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123duplessis

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms starting in October and we are excited about the finished product and what this will bring to our Marriott guests and vistiors. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.