“Great service, great room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Bolton, Canada
“Great service, great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just came back from Waikiki. Great 2 bedroom suite on the 8th floor and aside from the round building in front of us, it was a great view and balcony. The service from everyone was very good. The car was brought to us so fast every time we needed it, was nice not to have to find parking. The cord was broken in the room for the internet and within 5 minutes we had a service tech there fixing it. I had 4 little complaints. The toilets are strange. Everytime you sit, water starts pouring into the bowl and scared my kids haha! There is an option to wash and dry. When you select the dry option, it smells like cow manure seriously! For my Mom who was on the couch in the living room, the hall light was on all the time which I understand. The issue was that there are glass sides to the door which allowed the light to shine in which bothered her and would bother me as well. At most hotels, there are boogie boards, snorkel gear etc. to borrow for the day. There was none of that so we had to purchase 4 boogie boards to use for the 3 days that we had there which was very expensive. We left them to a family we met at the pool so they wouldn't have to spend the money(they had 2 kids the same as us and were very grateful). The 3rd thing that I was dissapointed about was how cold the pool was. It is shaded the entire day so it doesn't warm up from the sun for sure. It was deserted most of the time. There is a great hot tub by the pool but when you pay for a pool in the price, you hope that it isn't freezing, this one was. We stayed at the Aston in Maui and the landscaping was beautiful, great pool and hot tub. Other than these small things, we had a great stay, can't say enough about the service and the room. Go to Duke's for supper, fun and great salad bar. Great shopping, never seen so many stores in my life! If I were to come back, I would stay here again, great beach as well. Go to Waimanalo as well if you get the chance, post card beach and great boogie boarding!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank LisaM0rgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

O K, let's talk about the positive, and the negevtive. Positive, the view is great,the staff was very good, twice daily maid service we thought was a bit over done, but it gave someone a job. The location to the beach, and shopping was great! I had trouble with the wifi, and they sent someone right up to help.
Now the negetive, we thought the furniture in the condo was do to be replaced. The bed I could feel the springs, and the rest of the furniture we thought looked a bit rough.

I do want to say again the staff was truly great!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view we think they are all good! The higher the room I guess you will see more...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim68123
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking the time to share with Waikiki experience with us!

I was really pleased they found the view from their suite to their liking and even more pleased that our staff was "very good" in their opinion. Our employees and managers really try their very best to ensure that each and every guest experience is the best it can be and I'm really pleased these guests were able to experience just that. I also noted their comments about the condition of the furniture in their suite as well as the beds and I am happy to share that there are bulk purchasing programs that will be sent to our owners shortly that will address these situations.

MAHALO again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the near future!

vanouver canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a double family vacation at the end of Jan. It felt like we were in our own condo with all the perks of a hotel! The location is the best, right on the strip, the service was great and the staff very helpfull! (travelling with 2 toddlers can bring many surprises). Next time, I would just hit the costco and load up on groceries! Over all, best vacation we ever had! Can't wait to return to this hotel!
Don't even think about it...just BOOK IT!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank ROCKSTAR01
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here this year Jan. 27-31, this is our second time. Loved it as much as the first time.
The parking Valet are incredible. From the moment you drive in until you've checked out they know your names. Always with a great smile and comment. Most of them can provide directions to anywhere on the island you're interested in going.
The front desk staff is excellent. My husband was ill and when I inquired about a clinic or hospital, within a couple of minutes we were on our way to a 24 hour clinic within walking distance down the street.
We would be perfectly happy staying here again.
As far as furnishings, ours was clean, comfortable and up to date although that isn't why we stay here, the location is the absolute best.
The restaurant next door (Eggs and such) is excellent.

Room Tip: Front facing beach view are the best. We've stayed on the 12th floor once, my favorite, you get...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank BarbDunaway
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Aloha,

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us a second time and for sharing their most recent Waikiki experiences.

I was really happy to see they found our location right across from famous Waikiki Beach perfect for their island vacation. And I was even happier to see their comments about out Valets and Guest Services staff. These employees as well as the rest of our team really try their very best to ensure that each and every guest vacation experience is the best it can be and I'm so glad these guests were able to experience just that.

We are continually trying to improve what we have to offer all of our guests and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting these guests yet another time as well as all of you in the near future! Come and visit us for you will arrive as our guest and depart as part of our ohana or family, that is my promise to you!

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We loved the daily prit outs with info and Hawaii and ideas of what to do there, free valet parking guys were excelent, very clean and we had beach view so it was lovely. The rooms were super clean and all staff were friendly. We really enjjoyed our stay here and the short walk to the beach and shops was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Beach front and higher up you can see the surfers gather in the morning and watch the beach from you...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Valerie B
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking the time to share their Waikiki vacation experience with us!

I was really pleased to see that they found their suite "super clean" and our location just across from famous Waikiki Beach to their liking. I was even more pleased however to see their comments about our staff, especially our valets who are our "ambassadors of aloha". Each staff member and manager really tries their very best each and every day to ensure that every guest experience is the best it can be and I am really happy to see these guests were able to experience just that.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

1st night Valet parking did not lock my car & left the roof down, second night Valet did not lock the car, 3rd night Had my GPS stolen from my car in valet parking. they assured me the car was locked, insurrance company will not settle because there was no sign of forced entry.
So basicly the hotel staff, Manager & insurance company is calling me a liar over a $99 GPS.
I am a Travel Agent & will NEVER recommend this Hotel

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank karaok
Aloha,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to this guest for his experience at the Waikiki Beach Tower. I was very aware of this situation occurring and expedited the investigation and followup process. Please know that an Incident Report was completed and then sent to our insurance company for their review and their own internal investigation. I will be more than happy to contact our insurance company to see if there is anything that can be done at this point.

Our valets are seasoned employees who really know the importance of personal security and I am very, very sorry this situation occurred.

Mahalo!
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment on the 10th floor. We were travelling with two young children. Found the view to be great and no problem with noise. I think noise might become an issue if you were any lower down. I was expecting a more luxurious apartment (the apartment was dated), but it was still extremely comfortable. Plenty of room in the lounge room even with the sofa bed folded out (we left it out for the entire duration of our stay without a problem). The sofa bed was very comfortable for an adult to sleep on. Air con worked very well and it was easy to get all areas of the apartment to a comfortable temperature. There are plenty of restaurants nearby (including child friendly ones). Hilton Hotel which is a very short walk away (very doable even with small children) has a good breakfast that is open 24 hours. Sandwich shop around the corner as well. This hotel is right on a great beach for kids (you literally step out the front door and you are there). On arrival the kids are given a gift of some sand toys. Would definitely recommend for families with young children. It may be that some apartments are more updated than others - could be worth enquiring when booking.

• Stayed January 2012
6 Thank CastlecragCouple
Aloha,

And MAHALO to these guests for staying at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower and for taking time from their schedule to share their vacation experience with us.

I was really happy to hear they found their suite to be spacious and the location of our property ideal for families with young children. Our keiki program includes a nice beach toy children can enjoy at famous Waikiki Beach and it's wonderful to see the smile on their faces and hear the giggles the toys bring to them after that long plane ride. I also noted their comments about the suite they were in as all of our suites have been renovated with just a handful that need their kitchen and patio done. Please know we are working with those owners to complete their renovation and hope to have them finished this year.

MAHALO again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the near future.