6,097 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

This hotel resort complex is directly across the street from the beach at Waikiki. It is centrally located to many of th activities at the beach. There is shopping nearby. Plenty of restaurants located inside the hotel and nearby offering a variety of cuisines. Breakfast is included so fill up and skip lunch!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bayoubilly999
HRW_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Aloha bayoubilly999,

We appreciate you sharing this wonderful feedback with us. From our beachfront location directly across from the most pristine portion of world famous Waikiki Beach, to the delicious breakfast you had every morning of your stay, it truly sounds as though you enjoyed many aspects of your visit. It was a pleasure having you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Mahalo,

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort Ohana

Reviewed July 21, 2018

We added an extra night a few days before we arrived, assuming i would stay in the same room. I asked at check in and they said that staying in my room would not be an issue. The hotel is divided into two towers. Not only did they ask me to switch rooms after telling me that i could stay in my room, but they asked me to switch towers. This would not be a big deal, but there are only 4 elevators on the whole property that is 1200+ rooms. So, there is a significant line for the elevators, especially at checkin, check out, and meal times. So, I had to repack everything, move to the other side of the resort (after waiting for 2 different elevators) all for one night. The food was ok, but overpriced. I would encourage you to eat at any number of the plentiful restaurants nearby. The room was beautiful with great amenities including some water bottles to take home (nice touch) and a stunning view of Waikiki Beach. The spa is lovely but does not have any hydrotherapy area. So, it is just a basic massage area and a small beauty area. Th e biggest disappointment was the pool. It is smaller than most back yard pools and there is only one to accomodate 2400 guests or more at any given time. I know it is right across from the ocean, but I like to come back and go for a swim and there was no doing that because the pool was overrun by kids all the time. Overall, it was a pretty property, but I would stay at the Outrigger, the Moana Surfrider, or the Royal Hawaiin before I would stay there again. If you are not a pool person and you don't mind a little wait for the elevator, feel free. The location, beach and rooms are great here.It just wasn't a good fit for me.

Room Tip: choose the tower oceanview
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Aloha heather d,

Thank you for taking the time to share this informative review. While we are pleased to hear our location, beautiful views and well-appointed room accommodations were to your liking, we are disappointed to hear of a few shortcomings during your stay. We regret to hear that you did not experience the signature Hyatt service we’ve become known for. Summer in Hawaii is a very busy time for all resorts which contributes to the high demand at many resort facilities, our apologies for this unavoidable circumstance. We would love another opportunity to have you back to the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort for a more positive and relaxing stay.

Mahalo,

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort Ohana

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

The location of this resort is perfect. Literally across the Waikiki beach and lots of stores and restaurants around....it’s a beautiful resort and people are super friendly. Check in was a breeze... room is a pretty good size and really clean. My only negative feedback is the size of the pool... it’s small for the size of the resort but then again who needs a pool when you’re steps away from the beach!!! This is really a perfect resort to stay in Waikiki. My husband and I can’t stop talking about this resort - location is really great! About 30 mins away from the airport so it’s also convenient. Did I already say it’s the perfect resort to stay when visiting Waikiki?!?!? Yes, yes I did!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Millie M
Reviewed July 19, 2018

My family and I totally enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Waikiki! Very clean, excellent location and great staff made our stay very pleasant! Front desk staff named Chrea made us feel welcomed and really serviced us above and beyond! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Spent the last few days of our family holiday here - we had two rooms as travelling with teenagers
Room was large and very comfy with great views of the beach and surf break which is just across the road. It is centrally located to everything in Waikiki and has good pool, gym and bar facilities - would stay again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family