“Great lunch with family”
Review of Duke's Waikiki

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #46 of 2,633 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018

After reading several reviews we gave Duke's a try, and were not disappointed. On arrival we had to wait around 5 minutes for a table (5 people) for a Wednesday lunch which I thought was fair. We were seated out near the beach - wonderful views. The food was served reasonably quickly, and was delicious. The adults all went the fish tacos - wonderful! The kids really enjoyed their fish'n'chips. The staff were attentive and polite without being over bearing. All in all a great experience.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (13,203)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My wife and I really enjoyed Dukes! The food and drinks were excellent. Service was also great! We enjoyed the live music!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Came for lunch, 3 bartenders, the 2 younger ones busy chatting up girls while the rest of us waited to get served. The 3rd bartnder finally go our order after a 15 min wait. We ordered fish burger since we dont eat meat. Got food very promptly, took one bite and realised that this is not fish. We immediatelly returned it to one of the bartenders, who appologised. This is where the abuse started fromthe other bartender, who was chatting up the girls. He shouted across the bar if we ordered food (implying we just stole someone's food). I said yes, but we ordered fish. The manager then came to apologise, very kind, and offered to buy us a round of drinks. He orderd the same abusive barthender to give us a free round, but the guy started shouting that we ate other peoples food (???) and we dont deserve free drinks. He then started abusing us, because it turned out the burger was for one of his customers, who waited for an hour. We had to endure him shouting across the whole bar "these people ate your food, they dont eat meat but the burger had bacon, if you get my meaning". This went on for 15 min until I got so upset with his attitude that I confronted him. he was beyond rude. We ordered our drinks from another bartender, who confirmed with him the free round, but the guy said he never heard of it. Obnoxious attitude, not sure how this guy keeps his job. Lucky I am not allergic to any ingredients, he might have abused me all the way to the hospital. Avoid, especially if vegetarian or allergic!! What a shame, the customer next to us told us he cant believ whats happening, saying this place is normally quite good.

1  Thank sofiad949
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location on the beach front for cocktails and dinner! Meal and service was exceptional, staff awesome and although very busy regularly checked on us.
Shared nachos between the four of us which was a great starter, then we all had a main!!
Will certainly be back again if I get back to Hawaii

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Pretty much the standard by which all others can judge themselves. Awesome.

Very well looked after by Jerry and an excellent meal in great surroundings. Thank you.

1  Thank ElaineD1244