“Visit over and over”

Ranked #311 of 2,622 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed April 10, 2017

This is one of the best spots on Oahu for great Japanese pub food, plus all the extra Japanese comfort foods that the kids love. Sushi, udon, and the rice bullets are their favorites. They seem to be changing their menu over (at least the wine portion of it) so I am excited to see what they unveil soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

This typically is my favorite spot, however tonight the service was extremely rude. The service was terribly slow but we understood since it was a Saturday night. After spending well over three hours eating and drinking, a server asked if we would be able to get home safely based on the amount of sake we ordered. While as an outsider, that could potentially be a responsible question to ask however we were ignored so much of our visit, we had to wave someone down to pay attention for our order and our tab. I asked if I acted in any inappropriate way to prompt such a question, and was given some long story on how the girl had worked at the OG Side Street Inn and had been sued by a girls family that had been killed by a drunk driving Honolulu PD who she had served only one drink... yes, I ordered a lot of sake, but I was not driving. At no point was my table acting drunk or ridiculous and should have never been treated as such. She made us feel shamed and we won't be back after being treated that way. What a bummer...

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Well, to be fair, this was the only place we had sushi, but we ate a lot of poke so our taste for raw fish was discerning. This place came recommended, and we were not disappointed. Service was friendly. Huge menu. Try the salmon skin and tofu salad - it's one of their specialities! Also the spider in da poke roll was fabulous. The second time we went there was a very large, very loud party that ruined the atmosphere for us, but other than that, 5 stars for sure!

Reviewed December 28, 2016

A Japanese friend took me there, and the place is full of connoisseurs who pick a wide variety of dishes from wide array. If you feel adventurous, order the uni shot (sea urchin with crab meat and salmon roe, with a quail egg) - one of the best Japanese dishes I have ever eaten, and pair it with Onikoroshi sake. not cheap but well worth it.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

This restaurant is crowded for a good reason. The food is exceptional. Creative and contemporary.The service friendly and efficient. The decor interesting and fun - the menu hilarious.