“Comfortable Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Boston, MA
“Comfortable Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was my 3rd time staying at the Aqua Palms. In years past, I'd stay at one of the Ohana Hotels... there's no comparison. Aqua Palms has got them beat! The entire staff is always wonderful... they're friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I love that all the rooms have a 42" wall mounted flat screen TV, a microwave, and a mini fridge, it comes in so handy. The location is perfect, close to the Ala Moana Shopping Center (10 min walk), Ala Moana Park, and the marina. I don't like staying in the center of Waikiki (10 min walk), which gets so congested. Aqua Palms is my favorite hotel in Waikiki.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank lasstj
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Aloha lasstj:

WOW, a three time repeat guest! That is awesome!

You perfectly described our location and it's closeness to all the area attractions.

Plese be sure to contact me for your next visit!

Patty Maher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The first night at the Aqua Palms we were upgraded to a Penthouse Suite which was GREAT. Our room was a lovely room with a balcony and a great view of Diamondhead. The bell hop is wonderful because he was able to get us a shuttle to the port. The conceriege was wonderful because he answered all of our questions. The second night we got just a regular room and the only thing wrong with this room is that it needed a new bathtub but the room was still great. We would definitely stay there again as it is close to a great beach, mall and walking distance to getting trolley tickets.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a Penthouse suite as it is well worth the money.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReneG3
Aloha ReneG3:

It must have been exciting to be upgraded to one of our penthouse units!

As always, I'm delighted to see that the staff was very accommodating during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Spent three nights here before we had to go to the Ko Olina Resort area. Impressed with hotel and staff who were very friendly and most helpful at all times. Rooms are clean, have daily cleaning. beds are comfortable and our room had some nice upgrading. Nice to have a fridge, microwave and safe in room. Aqua Palms have some nice touches for their quests - coffee, tea, water and apples available 24 hours. Beach towels and chairs for the beach which is across the street through the Hilton Hawaiian. Loved the beaches here for they are not as crowded as the ones farther up. Found walking was great to all locations such as the Ala Moana Mall, restaurants, shops and to the Waikiki beaches. Noisy in front of hotel but we got a room to the back with a good view of Diamond Head and much more quiet. No problems sleeping. Good place to stay a few days and reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cuddles521
Wasaga Beach, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki. We were greeted with a smile upon check-in. The room was quite comfortable with a balcony and a view of Diamond Head. We booked tours right in the lobby which was convenient and also the adjoining I Hop restaurant was a great way to start your day. We liked the hotel because it was quieter than the hotels near the International Marketplace.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have nothing but praise for this hotel.....
My girlfriend and I get together at least once a year and take an adventure. I live in Michigan, she lives in Utah. Our adventure this time was to meet up in Las Vegas and then fly to Honolulu for a 7 day island cruise.

We stayed at the Aqua Wave (Palms sister hotel) the 2 days before our cruise departed. We boarded the ship on Saturday and was only on there for about an hour before my friend got terribly sick and had to be ambulanced to the hospital..in other words, our cruise was over before it even started.

I slept in my friend's hospital room for 2 nights before I was able to secure a hotel room for myself until she was released from the hospital. I called Aqua Palms and was able to secure a room for 5 nights. Being this was an unexpected expense I asked if I could get special rates as I had not planned on another hotel expense and funds were low. The Palms worked with me on pricing, and gave me vouchers for meals at the Ihop restaurant which was ajacent to the hotel. The only room they had open at the time only had 1 bed and a sofa bed but they worked with me on getting a room with 2 beds for when my friend was released from the hospital(Wednesday). They moved our luggage from one room to another without hesitation.

I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff, they were so friendly and helpful. I felt all alone in Hawaii as I was on my own in a strange place and they made me feel welcome. They printed out directions to the bus stop (to get back and forth to the hospital), gave me directions to other places as well and even printed out our air boarding passes without charge when we were ready to depart Hawaii.

The Palms was a lifesaver for me as I had no place to go, I was all alone for a few days. The Desk staff went beyond the call of duty to make me feel comfortable and safe. The room was nice and was cleaned daily. I would have no problem staying there again as my experience was a great one while I stayed there.

AQUA PALMS....I thank you very much!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have balconies with great views, our balcony was in the back of the hotel, b...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Goldie M
Aloha Goldie M.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and hope that she has fully recovered from her illness.

I'm delighted to see that our staff treated you like one of the ohana (family)!

Hopefully you can plan a return trip with your friend at stay a bit longer with us next time!

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed here twice now. This hotel is clean and a short walk to Waikiki beach. The beds are very, very comfortable. It's also close to restaurants and stores. The Ala Moana mall is about a 15 minute walk down the street. There is a $20 per day parking fee in their garage, which is pretty tight but is manageable if you have a small car. I really like that the price is very affordable and it is so close to everything. Service is friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Aloha bmayo25:

What a pleasure to see a repeat guest share their experience!

Please contace me dircetly for your next visit, so I can ensure you are treated to the best we have!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Aqua Palms Waikiki in early January. Our room was great! Very comfortable bed, nice bath and a great Diamondhead view! Staff was friendly and very helpful...we had a "stuck" door to the balcony and the issue was quickly resolved. The location is great...close to restaurants, shopping, etc. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for Diamondhead view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heartinbarcelona
Aloha Heartinbarcelona:

Isn't the view of Diamond Head just awesome!

I'm pleased to see that our staff was responsive and accomodating!

We all look forward to your return visit.