2,008 results
All reviews the hilton hawaiian village across the street ala moana blvd wailana coffee house free apples fridge and microwave coffee maker free shuttle diamond head min walk beach towels within easy walking distance rental car bus stop small pool sofa bed partial ocean view
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were quite happy with the hotel. Reception let me check in upon arrival which was quite early (9:30am) and didn’t charge me extra. The room was clean and up to standards, but what really made our trip was Dana. As we were leaving I asked her for a recommendation of where to hike. This led to a conversation of all the best places from her personal experiences in the north shore of where to go and what to see as well as a great place to rent a car. I can only say if half of the destinations she recommended end up working out our trip will be one of a life time thanks to Dana.

Thanks again! From us both
Daniel and Momina

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Aloha Daniel P:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience at the Aqua Palms and in particular with Dana.

It is always nice to have inside information on all the places and things to see and do in the islands from a local.

I hope that you and Momina enjoyed all of the destinations that Dana recommended.

All of the staff and management hope you took home fond memories of your stay in the islands and will afford us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

We picked this hotel for it's location and low cost because a recent conference afforded us free airfare for one and a limited budget for the room. The hotel is just about 'okay', in some ways above and below that mark. The staff (other than housekeeping) was efficient, friendly, and had a good grasp of hospitality. The location is about a 10 minute walk from the Hawaiian Convention Center, and the beach. There are good dining and shopping options within walking distance. The room itself had a few issues.

My wife noted almost immediately that there was a small (about a two inch smear) splash of dried blood on the dresser. We noted it, didn't use the dresser, and noticed that it was not found and cleaned during our three day stay. The sheets and towels were regularly replaced and cleaned, but that stain was pretty heinous. The king bed was on the firm side and and the pillows were just about average. There was no fan in the bathroom which is a really odd oversight in my opinion. The cable television had a decent range of available options and there was the option to use free DVDs available from a vending machine in the lobby.

In all fairness I have stayed at worse places, but this was below average and the price was a bit high considering that. I would give the hotel a 2.5 out of 5 but that isn't an option but I would say the current 4 out of 5 average is far too high a rating for this hotel, so I give it a 2 for the purpose of balancing.

I did not call the blood to the attention of the desk staff because honestly, I really want not to have to do that. When I had questions about bus lines or hiking locations and when we asked for a bottle opener we were really pleased with quick, helpful staff response. So, it really comes down to room cleanliness, amenities, and bed quality bringing down this review.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank learnincurv

Aloha Tony B:

Mahalo for sharing your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm disappointed to hear about the lack of cleanliness of the room. This is totally unacceptable and wish I was made aware of it during your stay. Your comments and feedback will be shared with the housekeeping staff for additional training so that no other guest may experience the same problems.

I am pleased to see that the front desk staff was quick and helpful with your requests and were able to provide helpful information.

All of the staff and management hope you were able to take home some fond memories of your stay in Waikiki and will afford us an opportunity to regain your valued patronage.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Never will I stay here again
Only good thing about this place is the bell hop Guy Paulo who finalised our bill and Venus who rang our tour company when we thought they had forgotten us.
Arrived to a queen size bed said to the rude lady on the counter we are not a couple we would like twin single please ...lady well we don't have any sleep on the sofa I was in shock at her bluntness. Got to the room the sofa was spring bare with a mattress worthy of the dump bellhop called downstairs and told the rude receptionist who said put another mattress on top ...a man dragged in another mattress and dumped on top ..it too was worth of the dump. We resolved to that being our only option as this was part of a package deal we had set up through a travel agent who told us she had booked it through a wholesaler wasn't sure of our options so we thought that we would write a review.
Then the bathroom what was under this supposed thing put there not to slip which is exactly what it did ...(see pictures) ..was hidden yuk paint chipping with blacky grey stains which I can only imagine to be the start of mould .. why cover why not fix it.
It was around $1280 American plus $200 tax and daily charges for 2 days.
I know it was only 3 stars but this is not good.
When we asked one of the front desk men how to organise a cab to take us to airport he said oh that's not my job I have to call guy .. we walked over to meet guy as he was calling and in this dull I don't care can hardly speak oh my goodness these clients are annoying voice said people need a cab booked
We hardly went near the service desk for this reason.
Only wish I could remember the name of the woman as she represents the business.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon D

Aloha Sharon D:

Mahalo for take the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms.

I must say that the attitude and unhelpfulness of the staff is not typical. Our staff is usually one of the biggest selling points of the property.

While bedding is on a request basis and we try to honor all requests we are not always able to do so. That being said it does not account for the way the staff handled it. All of the staff will be going through additional training to ensure that this does not happen again to future guests.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

General Manger

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights & wouldn't recommend staying here. The sprinkler ar the front desk was coated in dust so I knew right away we might not be in the cleanest place. Our room was gross. The wall right next to the bed was so grimy it had dust in it. Looked like pop or champagne was sprayed on it months ago and never cleaned. The picture frames and sprinklers were covered in dust. The bathroom fan was so covered in gunk and dust, no air moved through it. The floor was peeling and bubbled and they had a cheap throw rug over it. We felt we couldn't touch anything. The inexpensive rooms bring a rough crowd too. The second night they were partying so hard next to us, I had to call the front desk around 1 am. He couldn't figure out which room number it was so I had to cover up and go out in the hall to get the room number and call downstairs again. They also had glass bottles and were smoking weed by the pool every night we were there, so me and other families would just leave. Also, not a part of the hotel, but don't use their affiliated shuttle service. They were 1:45 late picking us up from Pearl Harbor. Also, don't waste your time or money at IHOP, go to Aloha Cafe or the coffee shop down the street. The location is the only thing this place has going for it. Very close to small shops, restaurants, and beaches. I always leave a decent review if the staff is exceptional but we didn't receive anything above okay. The Hilton across the street seemed much nicer so maybe try there. Did not seem like a hotel a family or quiet couple should stay at.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Aloha IAmElaineBenes:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm extremely disappointed to hear your comments regarding the property and its condition. While we know that it is time for room renovation there is no excuse for the rooms being dirty. I will be forwarding your comments to our housekeeping department to ensure that there is proper training and that none of our rooms are in the condition that you stated.

While we manage the majority of the rooms in the building there are private units that are also rented out that we have no control over.

I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns with your personally. Please call me directly so I can ensure that this does not happen again to future guests.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

The location was great about a 15 min walk from the center of Waikiki, and across the road from the Hilton which leads to the beach the Hilton also has a lagoon which is available to the public. We stayed in room 1002 a partial ocean view room. From the balcony we had partial views of the ocean, and Diamond Head . The hotel is also on the main route for buses and trolleys to get to Ala Moana Shopping mall. It is also a 10 min walk to the shopping centre. The hotel also has a free shuttle to get to the shopping centre or to Waikiki centre.
The room was a good size with a double bed and a sofa there is a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & TV, We asked for a electric kettle which arrived promptly. The pool on level 2 which was a great place to relax lots of tables and chairs and deck chairs. There is also a small gym on level 2. There is a compulsory "resort fee". that includes wi-fi (very fast) and tea/coffee in the lobby beach towels and beach chairs, movie rental It also has a self service laundry with 4 washing machines and dryers. There are lots of eating options surrounding the hotel and an ABC shop (general convenience shop) around the corner.
The staff were extra friendly and helpful and there is a tour desk in the lobby.
We stayed seven nights and could have stayed longer.
We had no complaints and enjoyed our stay, and we'd come back without hesitation.

Room tip: Ask for rooms on level 9 or above to get the best views. The corner rooms have the best views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family