Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Magnum Helicopters tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews pilot jim helicopter ride open door doors off flight amazing pilot middle seat entire flight flying skills exhilarating experience sacred falls bring a jacket amazing ride fear of heights the entire island highlight of our trip jurassic park safety video
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing time up in the air with Pilot Jim. This was my sister's first time going on a helicopter tour and she was extremely at ease. I will recommend this company and pilot to any one of my friends that are planning on visiting Hawaii in the near future. Also the driver that picked us up for the tour was very informative and friendly. He answered all questions and concerns that we might have had. This company is not only gracious, but they are also great at putting a person at ease.

PJ O, Manager at Magnum Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

What a nice review, Gary. Thank you very much for your observations and recommendation. I'm pleased that you and your sister found your tour enjoyable.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This was an amazing way to see the Island from a different perspective. The day we did this was very windy, so I was a little apprehensive. The DOORS OFF was a little concerning but only for a short time. When you are up there it’s just brilliant. As we had doors off, it was actually very cold, so wear long pants and sleeves. This WAS a highlight of our trip and so very happy we did it.

PJ O, Manager at Magnum Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Terrific, Anne-Maree. 'Always makes us happy when our guests tell us the tour was the highlight of their visit. Thanks for posting.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I won't lie, this is not a cheap activity to do. But, if you want an amazing view, great time and enjoyable guide to share lots of info with you, then this is well worth the money.
Mountains, waterfalls, city, beaches, diamond head, dole plantation and more is what you get to see. Don't bother with a 15 minute ride, go for the 45 or 1 hour long trip and you won't regret it.
We had a bit of rain over the mountains and it just added to the fun and excitement. Can do doors on or off, small aircraft for a couple or up to 6 in large aircraft. We had 5 in this and were comfortable.

Thanks, Scott, for your review. I'm glad your tour was both fun and exciting. Great recommendation.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Four of us participated in the doors off helicopter tour with Magnum Helicopters. They are first class all the way. Two of us were very reluctant as we are not fond of heights. Pilot Jim was the best and was very attentive to our needs (slowing down, explaining everything, telling jokes). The time went very fast and Pilot Jim was excellent at maneuvering the helicopter and was very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend booking with Magnum.

PJ O, Manager at Magnum Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Wonderful review, Joy. I'm so happy that you not only overcame your reluctance to fly, but that you obviously enjoyed your tour. Thank you for your comments about Jim and, of course, for your recommendation.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Jim the pilot he is good the left and right turn is beautiful JIM had managed we can have smooth flight it’s beautiful I love it
JIM showed us many attractions like Dole Plantation, Airport, PEPE Groups of Cattle we saw Daimond Head the Waikiki Beach the Memorial coffee plantation
This is my 5 times in Helicopter but my first time DOORS OFF you can see better view it’s beautiful flight
I did it March 21,2018
Mahalo Jim

PJ O, Manager at Magnum Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Yes, the doors off aspect makes for superb viewing. What, may I ask, are PEPE groups of cattle? Whatever, I'm pleased that Jim showed you a good time. Thank you for flying with us.