“Cheap Eats”
Review of Itchy Butt

Itchy Butt
Ranked #622 of 2,564 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

With the catchy name, who would not want to try their best seller. I got the honey chicken, best I have tried so far. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this place on a day I happened to be in the area. I had seen a YouTube video by a food blogger that recommended this place and he was absolutely correct....

I ordered a half spicy chicken, and wow!!! This is the best “fast food” chicken I’ve ever eaten (it’s not really fast food since it’s prepared to order). Once my order was ready, the first thing I noticed was the wonderful and somewhat exotic smell coming from the bag as I walked down the street to eat my lunch. This is to-go place only.

For me, many times the food I eat tastes best with the first bite and the flavor starts to subside as I eat more. I warn you, if you’re like me, this chicken will get better with every bite !!

The first bite, I thought, “ it’s okay, it’s good”, but each bite after seemed to reveal more and more flavor until I simply couldn’t eat anymore because I was full. A half chicken is served with three fried cheese sticks and a small container of Korean pickled radish which I thought was a great compliment to the chicken. The acid of the pickled radish cuts the richness of the lightly battered and complex but flavorful chicken. Yes, there was some heat to the flavor and but I certainly would not call it hot as in “break out in a sweat”, “ears ringing”, hot. It was just a nice little “kick” with a mildly sweet component.

I will definitely be back ! I’ll be anxious to try some of the other flavors but I can’t help but think I’ve now had my favorite on the first visit.....Chicken will never be the same for me now !!!

And the name.....I was hoping they sold t-shirts, I’d have definitely bought one..!

Reviewed July 23, 2017

No seats--ate on the grass across the street.
I had to eat here simply because of the name.
Came for the name and stayed for the chicken.
I'll return simply cause the chicken is way way good.

No seating at this lil dive. It's only take-out. I took my food across the street the the baseball field and ate in the shade under the tree.
Lotsa food for $13.
Crispy, juicy and flavorful chicken.
Fried cheese is okay.
Corn thing was not for me.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

This was by far the cheapest meal we encountered in Oahu! The portions and flavor did not disappoint! We tried the fried chicken bowl which had the spicy mayo usually on sushi--over rice and the beef Bulgogi bowl--I think it was $23 for 3 bowls with sodas--This is a walk up and take out place--no frills but delicious and light on your pocket! Don't get distracted by the name--try it!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

A friend of mine told me about this hole in the wall place and it tried it several times and each time the food is great! They specialize in Fried Chicken if you are wondering what they serve, not butts!
If you are a bit tight on your budget, this is great! $7.35 will get you a fried chicken bowl and a drink. The portion is quite big, for big appetite you will finish the entire bowl and be really satisfy and full afterwards. For people who have small stomach like me, I would normally eat half and then save the other half for my next meal, effectively making each meal just $3.60 roughly.
The chicken are cut into small pieces and then deep fried, drizzle with mayo and teriyaki sauce, all of that laid on top of a bed of hot rice, so ONO! The bowl is completely packed, and what they can do to make it better would be if they can put some kimchi inside. Although it may be difficult since the bowl is so full already. All in all, excellent value, parking is right in the front of the counter so very limited. And they get very busy lunch time!