“Bento and musubi heaven!”

Musubi Cafe Iyasume
Ranked #52 of 2,606 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open hour 7 days OPEN 6:30am to 8:00pm
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

I accidentally came upon this place looking for a bento for my lunch. They make the best musubi! I walked from my hotel almost every morning to be there when they opened at 6:30 am to get my two bacon, egg, spam and avocado musubi for my breakfast. This was so much like being back in Okinawa. They have a nice selection and have lunch combo specials. I think something to make everyone happy.
If you know about good Japanese fast food then this is someplace you don't want to miss. Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 3, 2016

It's a small place but has about four tables if you want to eat there.
They have small Japanese side dishes but main thing they sell is musubi.
The one on Kuhio your musubi is made when you order it but at the others locations
I think they are already pre-made. My son loved it so much we had to eat dinner there twice and once at the Ala Moana location.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I both got a bowl of the spicy beef udon noodle soup. It was really great to pic any additional sides that you wanted for instance tempura vegetables or seafood. After choosing our sides in the two bowls of soup with drinks it was under $20 which was a great deal in this area

Reviewed October 23, 2016

its a small place, few seating tables and bench style tables, but great quick bite foods to grab before you head off to the beach or a tour around the island. Reasonably priced pre made bentos and rice balls will various fillings. Spam is the filling of choice in hawaii, but there are also curry, chicken, bacon, and avacado and egg.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Went there for musubi before hiking trip. Have many choices to choose from, price is reasonable, and tasted great. Cheap alternative to all the expensive food around area.