1,058 results
All reviews hau tree kapiolani park sans souci beach diamond head minute walk waikiki skyline wrap around balcony quiet end of waikiki moderate room private beach ocean front quiet side superior room quiet location convenience store rooms are small beach mats
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I moved to The New Omani Kaimana Beach Hotel from the Hilton Hawaiian Village - so I'm trying not to compare apples to oranges here!

The view from the restaurant is really gorgeous and my meal there was also wonderful - no complaints whatsoever. I found the wait staff to be prompt and attentive - really top notch.

The valet staff was friendly, as were the front desk staff. They answered questions well and were engaging. Maintenance was quick to respond with the couple of issues I had as well.

Now, onto the accommodations. I had a room with 2 twin sized beds - not something I've ever experienced outside of Hawaii. I did have a balcony, but it was overlooking the parking lot. The carpet was quite frayed in many places and appeared in need of a deep cleaning. But the twin sized beds were comfortable (I slept in each one) and the bedding was clean.

The bathroom is small, but has what you need. My shower was very slow to drain, but maintenance addressed that problem quickly. My biggest complaint about the bathroom is that the shower head in my room was handheld. When it was resting on the wall so both my hands could be free, the shower was hitting the shower curtain directly. I tried many times to angle it away from the shower curtain, but nothing seemed to work. As a result, there was a SIGNIFICANT amount of water all over the bathroom floor after each of my showers.

From inside the hotel, access to the beach is a little awkward. However, the beach is nice and has a life guard. You can get beach towels from the lobby, which is great.

This is a much quieter end of Waikiki Beach and is close to Diamond Head so that may be a plus for some people.

For the price paid, I would return. But I wouldn't return because of the luxury or anything like that. This was a very average hotel with good staff.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank NikD34
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I found this hotel in a 2010 Fodor’s travel guide written up as a hidden gem in the Waikiki area. It didn’t disappoint! Loved this place! Nice area across from Kapiolani Park with views of Diamond Head and right on the beach.

My husband and I stayed here 3 days before a cruise and 2 days afterward. We stayed in standard rooms both times which we found to be small yet so well designed so that we weren’t cramped for space. Sliding doors to the bathroom, nice size closets, a lanai in each room, and coffee area in bathroom make this place very accommodating! Other perks include a Honolulu paper delivered each day, L’Occitane shampoo, conditioner, and lotion ( top of the line products!), a convenience store ( with a 10% discount) with food, fresh sandwiches, alcohol, toiletries, etc at reasonable prices -comparable to ABC stores in Hawaii , and free towels and mats to use on the beach.

The staff we found to be very friendly and helpful!
The concierge gave us information on getting a public bus to visit various museums and areas in Honolulu— $5.50 per day. One of the front desk attendants printed out our boarding passes.

Nice beach front cafe to right of hotel and restaurants near zoo about 0.7 mile from hotel which is walking distance!

If we travel to Hawaii again, New Otani Kaimana will definitely be a place we will revisit!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank janicep341
Reviewed October 4, 2018

The hotel is a GREAT location, right on the beach to enjoy romantic sunsets and just float in the ocean. It is right next store to the Aquarium and down the street from the Zoo. The Hau Tree restaurant was awesome!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed September 30, 2018

This is an older hotel but beautifully renovated and furnished. We found it clean, comfortable with a very friendly and helpful staff. Our room offered an excellent view of Diamond Head and the Pacific, with one night being very romantic as a full moon arose over Diamond Head. And, if you like the morning paper with a cup of coffee, a copy of the Honolulu newspaper is delivered to your door. Convenience store is located just outside the front entrance to the hotel for last minute purchases on your way out. The front desk staff were friendly, efficient, and punctual. I would definitely stay here on any return to Honolulu.

Room tip: We prefer a room with a pleasant view, in this particular instance, one with an unhindered look at Diamond Head.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank trout1036
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

After one night in a very loud Waikiki hotel even on the 14th floor, the street noise boomed on through the night, we found a quiet retreat at the New Otani Beach hotel. We enjoyed breakfast on the ocean front lanai and were in awe of the sunrises and sets from our ocean front room. At night, we could hear the ocean waves soothe us to sleep. Great location. Quiet!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple