“Super Bowl Special”

Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Hotel ran a Super Bowl special on rates after the big game. Rates were way to good to pass up, only $39.00 night. Check in was fast and friendly. Actually the entire staff during our entire stay were exceptional. The room itself was nice enough, if I had a complaint it would be the rooms are a tad small with the two beds only a full size. The lanai was nice, we were on the 31st floor and our view was excellent, My only other complaint would be the pool temperature. We brought two kids with us and they would barely stay in the pool because it was so cold. After getting in myself I would have to agree. It could have definitely been warmer. No hot tub to get warm! The location of the hotel is great if you want to be away from the craziness of Waikiki. Awesome location if you want to spend your time shopping at the Ala Moana Center. Overall we had an excellent stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here on a 3 night stopover which was purely for shopping. I was on my own so the room was sufficient but would not have liked to have to share this room with my partner. I stayed in the Kona tower the room overlooked a carpark. The room was very old and tired, the pillows were old and lumpy however it did have a fridge and microwave. I thought the coffee maker was going to blow up. Staff were pleasant but didn't go out of their way to help. The hotel was right next to the shopping centre but not close to the Waikiki beach strip. Ok but would not stay again. I think you could do a lot better for your money in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank RussellSydney
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here on my way to my current ship. The rooms are excellent, the service is excellent, but the most appealing attribute was its fantastic location being just a short walk to Waikiki Beach and even shorter (just through the parking lot) to Ala Moana Shopping Centre.

Although I only stayed here for one night, I was treated with the utmost respect and friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RogerM2
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is above value, very nice room and has been upgraded recently. The staff all are very helpful. The location is just outside of Waikiki (avoid the crowd) and it is next a very nice mall. The parking lot is huge and we can always find parking. The beach park is very close by and full of locals hanging out at the weekend. You never have to wait long for the elevator.

We got a ocean view room and it is a awesome deal. The room is very clean and bright. It has a small refrigerator and Microwave. It also has a safe (free to use). Parking is $25/night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Ala Moana is a comfortable hotel with good enough amenities and nice views. Not at all a bad locale for a business trip or, I suppose, retail therapy as you can walk to the Ala Moana Center. The brunch, however, was less than mediocre and so I would encourage you, if you stay here, to check out the great food options at the Ala Moana Center. These will be less expensive and vastly better.

Room Tip: Get an ocean-facing room for superior views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Featherlessbiped
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My stay was way better than expectations. Room was modern and clean with a nice soaking tub in the bathroom. Location was perfect for me - right next to a mall with a great choice of dining, from food court to up scale. Same with the shopping. Easy walk to beach and Waikiki, as well as easy bus ride back and forth - and to popular tourist sites. I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony, looking at the ocean and city lights. With pool, sauna and steam room, I had a very relaxing visit.

Room Tip: Stay in main tower with bigger rooms and balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I wish I could have stayed at a more luxurious hotel on the beach...yeh right for about 3 times more per night, but for a really decent hotel room at a great price, this is a good choice. We did have a partial ocean view and night lights of Waikik which was really nice. The hotel employees were ALL very accommodating, friendly, and super NICE! Andrew at the front desk was especially nice and bell person Dean. A few really nice shops in the hotel too. Some of my favorite gifts I purchased were at the gift shop in the corner on the lobby level. Sorry I cannot remember the name of the shop, but the shop owner had some really lovely things like exquisite scarves, lovely teacups and teapots, jewelry; also she makes the most gorgeous faux florals for your hair and also faux floral leis - one-of-a-kind absolutely stunning and beautiful!

Room Tip: Highest floor; ocean side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends