“Awesome Staff!”

Pearl Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We've stayed here three times in the last 5 months and have thoroughly enjoyed the front office/front desk staff. Tracey, Gabe, Harry, Dexter and Clif have bent over backwards to make sure our every request was met--and with a smile. You definitely get that "at home" feeling. I highly recommend this hotel--especially if you're on a budget like us!

Room Tip: The living room in the one (or more) bedroom with kitchen is huge. It comfortably fits a rollaway ev...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Aloha and thank you for your review,

WOW, I am going to let Tracy, Gabe, Harry, Dexter and Cliff know that their hard work and attitude does not go unnoticed by our guests! The team works very hard at keeping our guests comfortable and happy.

We try and treat our guests as family, because we try and treat the hotel as if it were our home. Our location and great value keeps everyone coming back again and again, just like yourselves.

Thank you for your future recommendations, and please contact me before your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

A hui hou ( a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My partner & I stayed at this hotel for 13 days in March. It's located in the centre of Waikiki, with plenty of restaurants & shopping nearby. The beach is 5 - 10 mins walk away.
The hotel & rooms were very clean and well-serviced - the only thing we saw which could be improved was some dust & fluff on the air-conditioning unit, but this was a very minor detail.
Check-in and Check-out were quick, friendly, and very efficient.
While there is no pool or restaurant in the hotel, the beach is only 5 - 10 mins walk and there are loads of restaurants nearby - Denny's does great breakfasts on a budget.
We were asking in reception where we could buy a sun umbrella for our friends' toddler. No need they said, and gave us one free for the week.
It's also located beside a stop on the main bus route, so getting around is simple and relatively inexpensive.
Very happy with our stay. Hope to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Aloha,

13 days with us at the Pearl qualifies you as a kama’aina (comma-eye-nah) or local resident .You were able to enjoy our great location as do many of our guests. Our housekeeping staff work so hard in keeping the property clean and thank you for noticing.

We try and get our guests in/out as quickly as possible; the last thing you want to do when you’re on vacation is to have to stand in line in the lobby. We hope to see you soon also.
Contact me before your next return trip and I will personally assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

we originally booked a room with standard double, but we stayed Suite w/Kitchen and two queen beds!! the receptionist gave us FREE-UPGRADE!! thanks to this, we perfectly enjoyed our stay in waikiki!! also the location is really convenient for everywhere like waikiki beach, to get meals, and to take the bus/trolley.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Aloha,

What a blessing to get a FREE upgrade! I am so happy that our team was able to accommodate you and make your stay with us memorable. Convenience of our location continues to be a major feature for many of our guests.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just there overnight on business, the hotel was clean....nothing special its your average no frills reasonably priced hotel, the staff was very helpful and courteous, witch made up for anything the hotel was lacking.

Room Tip: no pool or hottub
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Aloha,

Although you were only with us for a night, I am happy that you found our team members to be helpful and courteous. Sometimes when traveling on business, just finding someone to help you is such a challenge. I will let the staff know that you appreciated their efforts.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

THe people at the Aqua Wakki Pearl were excellent. Dexter at the front desk was very warm and friendly. He was exceptionally knowledgeable about place and things to do on the island.
The rooms were nice size and the bathroom was very large for Wakkiki standards. The beds were very comfortable and the location was great!! ( Starbucks just one door down). I really got a lot for what I paid. I will certainly stay there again. I must also mention Harry who was very nice and helpful

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Marilyn F

Aloha,

Having excellent team members makes my job a pure joy. Dexter is another one of our rising stars in the Hospitality Industry in Waikiki. When you love what you do, it’s not a job it is your passion. Dexter is that person, and he tries to do everything in the ‘spirit of excellence’.

I am glad you noticed that we are not your ‘run of the mill’ hotel. The size of our rooms and our bathrooms distinguishes us from the other properties. Combine that with our comfy beds and located close to Starbucks, you might think you’re in heaven. I will also let Harry know you appreciated him. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Not the most luxurious hotel, a little noisy, but nice staff, especially Tyler. Very convenient. Check out the excellent cheap noodle place next door, Marukame.

Room Tip: 7th floor has ice machine
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Aloha,

I agree with you that we are not the most luxurious hotel but we do have clean rooms, friendly staff, a great location and comfortable beds. Marukame is becoming quite popular with more and more of our guests and it is right around the corner from us. Tyler will be happy to know that his efforts do not go unnoticed.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

BEST HOTEL EVERRRR!!!! I stayed here 3 separate times on my trip and each time I got a free upgrade!!!! The staff r so awesome n friendly!!! especially Gabe n Dexter!! hehe its the best location and cant wait to go back here again!!!!!! YAY!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Aloha and thank you for your great review,

I guess you could say we are 3 for 3 so far with you! Gabe and Dexter will be happy to read your comments as I will share this with them. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Please contact me before your return trip so I may personally assist you in booking your reservation.

A hui hou (a who-ee-hoe) until we meet again,