4,322 results
All reviews across the street cooler bag tiki restaurant wolfgang puck express yogurt waikiki beach ocean front hula dancer free breakfast diamond head floor number partial ocean view every morning honolulu zoo homeless people room key pool deck
Reviewed October 16, 2018

We stayed at the Aston for 5 days it was great. The hotel is an older style hotel but clean and tidy the staff were great we had an ocean front room I would recommend these rooms for the view alone all in all it was a good stay plus it is quieter up that end of waikiki.

Room tip: Get an ocean front room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Natasha_Akee, Guest Services Coordinator at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Aloha Scott,

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for choosing to stay with us and for providing valuable feedback of your experience. Our Oceanfront rooms are the most popular category and offers phenomenal views. I am glad that you were able to enjoy it. We appreciate your recommendation. If your travels brings you back to Waikiki, we would be delighted to serve you again. Should you need assistance please contact me directly via email at nakee@astonwaikikibeach.com.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We stayed 5 night at Aston Waikiki beach hotel, the location is great and close to all shopping and also close to other activity on east side of the island, reception employee named " Kalchua" was very kind and helpful and She upgrade our room for free and gave us lot of useful information about Island.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Natasha_Akee, Guest Services Coordinator at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Aloha Shawn,

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for choosing to stay with us and for providing valuable feedback of your experience. We’re glad you enjoyed our location’s close proximity to the famous Kuhio Beach and within walking distance to restaurants, shopping outlets, and tourist attractions. Thank you for mentioning Kalehua. I’ll be sure to pass along your regards! Our commitment to our guest requires us to provide consistent, attentive, courteous, and efficient service at all times, and in all circumstances. Overall we hope you had a positive experience on O’ahu. We appreciate your business and would be honored to host you again. Should you need assistance please contact me directly via email at nakee@astonwaikikibeach.com.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I had a good experience here in this hotel. I come as a helper for my tribal elders. They like this hotel so, we've stayed here several times. They are close to ocean, have a pool. Small fridge in room. My only complaint is the Pleasant activities center on the 3rd floor. We scheduled a trip to Polynesian center and they gave us a Wrong time, the girl behind the desk Nelly was Very Rude and she gave our vouchers to someone else, who wasn't in our reservation..the girl said she said she was my sister..I said I dont understand why you would do that. She just continued to be rude with me, I asked to speak to a Manager and she refused to call the manager or give me a number. I wont be using them again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank chehaliswoman
Natasha_Akee, Guest Services Coordinator at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Aloha!!!

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for choosing to stay with us again. We're happy your group enjoys our convenient location and guestroom amenities. We’re sorry that your experience with Pleasant Holidays was less than exceptional. Please rest assured your valuable comments have been forwarded to Pleasant Holidays leadership for their review and immediate attention. We're sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Overall we hope you had a positive experience on O’ahu. We appreciate Chehalis Tribal Elders repeat business and would be honored to host your group again. Should you need assistance please contact me directly via email at nakee@astonwaikikibeach.com. Best wishes!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Great location and really nice stay. It had all of the basics and the customer service was what I’d expect. The prices were a little high, even after we got a good discount. The room was a little dated and there were people smoking weed on their lanai’s, which made our room smell like weed, even with the door shut. That was REALLY unfortunate. The ocean view was really nice in our ocean front room. We tried to make the best out of our lanai and the view.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha Robert,

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for choosing to stay with us and for providing valuable feedback of your experience. Unfortunately Hawai’i strict smoking law (illegal substance included) took into effect in 2006; nearly every hotel in Hawaii implemented a “no smoking in any guestroom” policy to include on the balconies. Our security team patrol our property frequently, however we're sincerely sorry we did not catch these violators in the act. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Overall we hope you had a wonderful stay on O'ahu, created unforgettable memories, and took lots of pictures. Should you need assistance please contact me directly via email at nakee@astonwaikikibeach.com. Best wishes!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

We chose this hotel from recommendations and some reviews, however I felt very let down.
We had requested and paid for an ocean view, we did get one but not the full front view that we thought we were getting. On arrival I was told that we had been upgraded and I asked what the upgrade was and the reply was that they had moved us up a floor for an ocean view. Mmmm had booked and paid for ocean view. The room was small,very outdated and the bathroom tlle floor was filthy. The toilet was very low to the ground, not good for tall people, we found as we were also facing the street side where transport stopped directly outside that it was very noisy.. Each time we tried to get a dvd the cards would not work,finally got a dvd to find that it couldn't be played on the Tv, had to get the technician in ..waste of time...supposed treats at the pool ..we never saw any in the 5 days we were there. Card for elevator in foyer would not work technician said it was demagnetised, no it wasn't, as we took escalator to 3rd floor and it worked. Bell hop was was totally uninterested in helping us with a request when we were told to go to him by other staff member for assistance..international calls were blocked even though we had complimentary 60 min free calls. Rude bar tender (can elaborate if need be) Very average hotel, however on the plus side the location was good as it was right on the beach and had cafes and ABC shops nearby and an easy stroll to restaurants and major shops.
I

Aloha Gail,

Mahalo for sharing your feedback. We're sincerely sorry your choice to stay with us made you feel very let down. The service and product you received does not reflect the warm aloha welcome, we are dedicated to provide to our guest. We're sincerely sorry for our dated conditions. Recently we switched our Management Company to Highgate Hotels and is under new Ownership. We are extremely excited and hopeful for our property upcoming improvement project. I would like to look more into these challenges, please email me at nakee@astonwaikikibeach.com. Mahalo!