For our second visit to Oahu, we stayed at the Aston Waikiki Circle hotel from March 22nd to March 31st, and we had a very pleasant stay. We knew the rooms would be small, based on the reviews, but there was enough room for the three of us, it really wasn’t a problem since we were only in our room to sleep. The shower was quite small, and water pressure was only okay. We managed though. It was clean, and that’s the main thing for us. The cleaning staff were friendly and efficient. I did like having a coffee machine in our room and the small fridge came in handy. Our balcony partially faced the ocean – room 602 - I think next time I would get a full ocean view room, since our room was close to the supplies room and we could hear the door slamming at all hours of the night (even with ear plugs). The air conditioner was also very noisy. I would say the noise was the only bad thing about the hotel – I had only one full night’s sleep due to the noise, but I figured for the very reasonable price of the hotel, I would catch up on my sleep at the beach.
The location was fantastic – right across the street from the beach! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and had copies of the bus routes and schedules, which was useful. There were two computers in the open lobby – access cost $5 per 20 minutes, and there was a printer to print off boarding passes (for a small fee). Beach toys were available to borrow, and although there is a restaurant attached to the hotel, the lineup was always so huge, we never ate there. We did see the menu and prices were no different from other restaurants with full service (e.g., Hula Grill at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, Margaritaville, etc) so we never bothered to stand in line (we did go down Seaside and Kuhio Ave to the Seaside Bar & Grill for an excellent breakfast of 2 huge pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs, and 2 slices of bacon – for $3.95 this can’t be beat – see review).
We were able to have our room for an additional 12 hours on our check-out day, since our flight didn’t leave until 10:30pm. That was a very nice option, and it only cost $75 – we were able to spend the entire day at the beach and did not have to worry about storing our luggage or having a place to shower – it meant we had a full last day of our holiday. I know this is not the fault of the hotel, but the taxi that they called to take us to the airport over-charged us by $10 – he took a left turn out of the hotel, continued on for a few miles, and then finally headed in the direction of the airport – there was no shortcut involved. I would suggest that maybe they use a taxi company that they know will not rip off their clients.
I would return to this hotel, but I would request a room as far away from the supplies room as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii