We stayed at Aston Waikiki Sunset in April of last year and were pleasantly surprised by both the amenties and the location of the hotel itself. We stayed as a family of 4 (two being teenagers) and we had plenty of room amongst the four of us.
The kitchen was adequately equipped with all amenities and utensils you could need which was helpful as we bought groceries for the week for cost effectiveness and ate all breakfasts and some lunches in our room, as well we dined one evening pool side with the BBQ's provided. It was an opportuniy to spend a nice quality evening with family.
The hotel was pleasant upon arrival as were the hotel attendants. The front foyer was open air with ceiling fans and foliage and plants blowing in the entrance way what a treat coming from Canada.
The hotel itself is somewhat off the strip which suited us just fine, it allowed for daily walks to the beach which was very enjoyable and only 10 minutes away. At the end of the street is a fantastic bar and grill called Tiki's and is a must see. The beach you can see almost immediately upon exiting the hotel. You can enjoy all the cute shops and eateries along the way to the heart of waikiki beach.
We enjoyed this hotel and Oahu immensely and our planning our next family vacation there for Christmas break. How can you go wrong doing a Hawaiin Christmas.
Other points of interest were the Dukes restaurant also along the strip and a tepanyaki restaurant further up the strip inside a mall. Check out the paradise cove luau for some authenticity, and make sure to book your parasailing and snorkelling at Hunama Bay are an absolute must.....The honolulu zoo is up the street from this hotel as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular views of Diamond Head, the blue Pacific, or the Honolulu city lights. Well-suited to families and centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood just over one block from famous Waikiki beach, this resort offers relaxed island-style living in spacious one and two-bedroom suites with complete kitchens and private lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hotel Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Sunset
- Waikiki Sunset Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Honolulu, Hawaii