1,671 results
All reviews ala moana blvd marina tower red lobster abc store waikiki beach within walking distance aloha spirit street noise flat screen tv small hotel convention center across the street light sleeper the entire staff small pool coffee machine would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Pros: The hotel is walking distance from the beach, prices are reasonable, and the staff is friendly, AC in the rooms, small balcony for each floor. VERY CLOSE to enterprise car rental.

Cons: no view to the ocean (it's blocked by bigger hotels buildings), the rooms are a bit old (which doesn't bother me), abd NOT CLEAN (the first day, I found hair everywhere in the bathroom), the freg is not connected to the power and smells very bad.

Summary: go there only if you want to save money, otherwise I would pay up to 50% more and get a better place.

1  Thank Ali A
equusmgmt, General Manager at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Ali A,

Mahalo for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize that you were disappointed with the lack of views at Equus Hotel. However, our property is only 10 stories, therefore we only promote views for our higher floor deluxe rooms. We do provide stunning panoramic views at our sister property, Marina Tower Waikiki. If this is what you are looking for, then I suggest booking Marina Tower Waikiki in the future.

Equus Hotel prides itself on being a family run, independent hotel with outstanding customer service and stylish boutique rooms. I understand that you were checked into a room incorrectly initially, and we apologize for this, however we corrected the matter immediately. It is not common practice to have a guest see an unprepared room, which would explain the fridge defrosting and it's general untidy nature. However, I assure you that these mistakes are not made often, and we do our best to correct the issue immediately when they are.

I hope that you can understand our situation regarding your room, and will give us an opportunity in the future to show you how lovely our rooms, housekeeping and service really are. Mahalo for choosing to stay with us, please contact us upon your return, and we will make ensure a memorable experience.

With Aloha,

mariah@equushotel.com

Reviewed September 6, 2012

No one seemed to know of this hotel. Even the driver who met us at th airport had to call his office for it's location.
Upon arrival, we had to be dropped in front of another building as there is no drive for the driver to pull into in front of the hotel. After carrying our baggage up two flights of stairs, the check in area is small and our reception (we were early) was not too friendly.
We left our bags and went sightseeing returning later to a more reasonable reception, which was good because we were quite worried by now as to what we had booked.
After checking in we were helped with our bags to the building next door. Even though the young man did not like heights he managed to overcome them to show us our room on the 39th floor. This elevation was useful as the location has a busy road (Ala Moana Blvd) running alongside it.
The views were splendid and the room very comfortable with a safe and all the amenities to prepare food if you wished. There is also security on the front door.
The location is within walking distance of the Ala Moana Mall and there are plenty of services in the surrounding areas: restaurants, coffee shops and ABC stores.
Connection to the Internet is easy. There is no restaurant. There is a small lounge adjacent to the reception with toilet facilities. We used these to change prior to traveling to the airport.

Room Tip: If you have no problems with heights, rooms higher up command the best views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank StewLee
equusmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

StewLee,

Mahalo for such a detailed description of your stay with us. We are surprised to hear that you had a muddled first impression, however are pleased that we were able to make this up to you. We are an independent, family run hotel, and strive to provide outstanding service and amenities. Our staff is one of a kind, and our aim is to make you feel at home, and experience the aloha of Hawaii. We are happy to have ended with a good impression, and hope that you will join us again in the future.

Many Mahalos,

mariah@equushotel.com

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Upon Check in at this hotel we were warmly greeted by a young man at the front desk. Check in was a breeze. From the street this property is a hidden gem. You walk up a short stairway alongside a waterfall only to arrive at a quaint and cozy front desk area.

When we arrived at our room were were happy to find all of the amenities to make our stay more comfortable and had a lanai that gay us a small glimpse of the beach. Our room was also equipped with a small mini refrigerator which was perfect to store a couple of snack and chill our water bottles. Wifi was also free!

I needed some additional amenities and spoke on different occasions with Rene and Puka and both were more than happy to help. Rene works in the front office but also helps with the front desk and Puka I believe works the night shift. They are both perfect examples of demonstrating the spirit of Aloha and making us feel welcome on the island.

This property is definitely within walking distance to the beach, mall and close to the epicenter of where all the fun is in Waikiki.

Definitely recommend this property especially if you are on a budget as we were.

Mahalo Equus Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Lanai (balcony) and be sure to meet Rene she is absolutely wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eaquino1265
equusmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

eaquino 1265,

Many mahalos for taking the time to review your stay in such detail. We are pleased that you gave us the opportunity to be a part of your experience. Our front desk staff is filled with knowledge and aloha, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of this, as well as the many other amenities. We will pass along your gracious comments to Rene and Puka, as I am sure they enjoyed your company during your stay. It was a pleasure to have you, and we look forward to your return!

Mariah @equushotel.com

Reviewed August 26, 2012

First I was flying to Hawaii to meet my frist granddaughter last minute my Mother decided she wanted to come so she could meet her great grand child . I emailed the Equus and they emailed me back right away and added a roll away bed And added in the email what a great thing it was that my mother could join us.. We arrived early we were checked right in great with amazing fruit drinks. The lady at the front desk was a RAY OF SUNSHINE. I think her Name is Rene. Every time i went into lobby i was greeted with a beautiful smile. We didn't use the parking garage but i needed a space for one night for my son's car so we could all travel together to paradise cove. Went in and my Ray of Sunshine said not problem gave me the spot. And when i returned the key She remembered where i was going and asked how it was. To me that is perfect customer service ... Now for the room Clean everything we needed . Our cleaning staff was so nice Fely and Grace. There wasn't one person on staff that wasn't so sweet I can guarantee that next June when we fly our for my Granddaughters first Birthday I will be staying here... One more note I was traveling with my mother who is a Senior and my 12 year old daughter and not once did i not feel safe.. And again that is was very important. All i can say is thank you Staff of Equus marine towers for an amazing stay and experiences..This was a very special trip for my family I got to meet my perfect new grand baby but the hotel i was staying in remembered why my family was there and made our stay perfect...
Amy Giunta

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank amy2344

Aloha Amy!

Many mahalos for choosing to stay with The Equus Hotel for such a special occasion. We are pleased to hear that your trip was a success and that the family was able to reunite, and visit its newest member. It is a pleasure to have made this trip a memorable one, and we will be sure to recognize our staff for such superb service. As a small family hotel, we strive to create an atmosphere of aloha, and make our guests Ohana, which you and your family certainly are. Please be sure to let us know when your next trip will be and we can prepare for your return!

Mariah@equushotel.com

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staff is very helpful. Even though the lobby is small, it is cozy. The room is clean and modern. The location is perfect! It is close to shopping center and beach! It also offers breakfast voucher if you e stay in duxlue room. Juice will be provided upon arrive and red wine will be offered free in lobby very Monday and thursday. It will be better to buy ocean view room. I will recommend students to stay in this Hotel if your budget is tight! The downside of hotel is lacking of restaurant. If they can offer wifi in room that it will be better!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Jackwang 1988,

Mahalo for staying with us, and taking the time to share your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and you were able to take advantage of the guest receptions, breakfast vouchers and great location.

We have recently upgraded our deluxe and executive rooms to include wifi, however Ethernet is still available if needed. We understand that with all the devices and new technologies, plugging in is not always an option. Unfortunately, due to our small size, we do not have space for a restaurant, however we are surrounded by such an amazing selection, there is plenty else to choose from!

We hope that you will return to Hawaii in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mariah@equushotel.com