US$350
US$258
US$239
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$320
US$569
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
1,641 results
All reviewsala moana blvdmarina towerred lobsterabc storealoha spiritwaikiki beachwithin walking distancestreet noiseflat screen tvsmall hotelconvention centeracross the streetlight sleepercoffee machinethe entire staffsmall poolbus stop
Reviewed September 24, 2014

The Equus is a family oriented hotel with a friendly staff and beautiful timeless decor. I absolutely love the historical beauty in the hotel- the pictures of old ranches and horsemen back in the day.

The Equus has an great old fashion touch mixed with just the right amount of modernness. Talk about going green, the hotel key has to be in it's slot in the room for the AC to run, and also the patio door must be shut. I love this aspect of the rooms and THE BEDS ARE SO COMFORTABLE!

Location is great as well. Right at the beginning of Waikiki strip and not too far from Ala Moana Mall. Almost everything in walking distance. Overall I had a great time at the Equus and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank Natorias808
Reviewed September 22, 2014

We were in Honolulu for the weekend to see a concert and decided to stay at the Equus Hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink and leis. Our group had made 2 separate reservations and asked the front desk, Tim, if there's any chance that we can stay on the same floor. Considering that it was a very busy weekend in Honolulu, we were not expecting that to happen, but Tim went out of his way to accommodate our request, which is greatly appreciated. He also informed us that they will be serving complimentary Mai Tais between 4-7pm. The concierge (which I forgot to ask for his name) is very helpful. He went above and beyond when we asked for dinner recommendations. He actually asked every single staff member that happen to pass by of what they would also recommend for us.

The room is very clean and comfortable, they have a green concept for the Air Conditioner.

All in all, we are very pleased with our stay, and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back is much quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank greenypinky
Reviewed September 21, 2014

Now that I've stayed at The Equus a couple of times it's clear that the quality and comfort is consistent with my previous visits....The staff are friendly and helpful local folks who really know Oahu, and the location is outstanding! A small boutique hotel that packs a big value, it's a little gem in the heart of Waikiki. I look forward to my next visit to Honolulu and my next stay at The Equus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skibdog
Reviewed September 20, 2014

we stayed in room 503. arrived an hour before check-in and our room was ready. upon arrival they gave us each one of those shell necklaces and guava juice. It was a nice touch since it was so hot! the hotel is right on the main street so there's a lot of street noise. The room is old but clean. There's not much room inside so definitely wouldn't be room for kids. we paid about $200 for 3 nights plus another $75 for parking I think. The parking is valet only, but it's the same price as what it said in the hotel description. The guys are really quick at getting your car though. We knew that we would be out and about all day and we just needed a room to shower and sleep in, so this place was perfect for that. The street noise didn't bother us at all since we crashed every night. There is a small pool here, but we didn't use it and didn't see anyone else using it either. This hotel is just 2 blocks from the marina and is at the quieter end of waikiki beach. There's an abc store a block away and several places to eat within a couple of blocks. Overall, I would stay here again if it was just me and hubby.

Pros

staff was nice
room was clean
price was cheap
bed was comfy

cons

room was small
shower was small
alot of noise from the street
pillows were smelled like sweat

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room on the back side of the building of the street noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2014

When we arrived in Honolulu, it was early in the morning on check-in day, and my husband and I wondered what we would do. We had lots of luggage and several hours before check-in. We didn't want to haul our luggage around all day, so I called the hotel, and I was so glad to hear that we could drop off our luggage and have it stored until check-in. When we got to the hotel, we were delighted when we found out that we could check in early!! We were greeted with a great big smile and "I have a room ready for you". Needless to say, my husband and I were extremely happy. We were exhausted from our trip, and we couldn't have received better news! A young man brought our luggage up the front steps for us, and we went to our room. The furnishings were very nice, and the room was neat and clean. There are balconies on each floor, just outside the rooms, and the views are breath-taking. There was also a balcony accessible from our room--a great place to stand with your in-room freshly brewed cup of coffee in the morning. The pillow-top bed was so soft and comfortable. It was the most comfortable bed I have every slept in! (I wish I could take it home.) The hotel is located close to Ala Moana Shopping Center, and there are several restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff is very helpful if you need recommendations for restaurants, tours, or places to shop. We would like to thank the staff at The Equus for a wonderful stay! We recommend The Equus to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple