I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the Equus during our recent stay (9/16/2014).
From the refreshing juice during check-in to the cocktails on the veranda on Thursdays and Fridays, the welcoming, accommodating staff made us feel welcome. Right after check-in we received a text from the front desk letting us know that we can text them with any immediate concerns.
We chose this property primarily because of its central location, just blocks from Ala Moana shopping center, across the street from Ala Moana Beach Park and just a little walk from the western end of Waikiki beach.
The hotel is clean and presentable. The glass sliding doors need to be brought up to modern standards. A good central location brings with it traffic noise. Updated infrastructure would help with traffic noise greatly. It would also address the heat transfer from the outside. During our stay, the trade winds stopped so it was quite hot and humid even at night. We had to run the A/C 24-7 just to keep the room bearable. Modern windows would have helped greatly.
Having relatives on the island to take us around allowed us to avoid the $25/night parking fee. This is a problem for every hotel in Honolulu.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return to the Equus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii