The Equus, an Ascend Hotel
US$210
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$316
US$206
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
US$262
US$220
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$253/night.

US$543
US$517
TrumpHotels.com
US$450
LuxuryCollection
  • Beachfront
1,629 results
All reviewsala moana blvdmarina towerred lobsteraloha spiritabc storewaikiki beachwithin walking distancestreet noisesmall hotelflat screen tvconvention centeracross the streetlight sleepercoffee machinethe entire staffsmall poolbus stop
Reviewed December 4, 2010

JACQUIE andRENEE are the2 people that really made this stay most enjoyable, JACQUIE for her help fullfilling all my requests that I had made prior to our stay and RENEEfor her very helpfull and friendly personality both on the phone when I made the reservations and at the front desk . When we arrived at the hotel, our rooms were ready to go.. Everything that I had requested from extra towels to roll away beds were there in our rooms. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty and were very helpfull with my entire family and there was quite a few of us.I had even forgotten my key at one point in my room and JACQUIE was nice enough to walk me up to the room and open it for me so I wouldnt have to go all the way down to the front desk to request another key. The staff at this hotel made our stay most enjoyable and we are definitely planning on coming there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
theequushotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to here that we exceeded your expectations. We will certainly pass along your kind words to both Jacquie and Renee. We hope to see you again soon!

Much Mahalo,

Mariah Dailey
Director of Guest Services
mariah.dailey@hawaiipolo.com

Reviewed November 28, 2010

The Equus hotel helped us have a good time in Waikiki. It was really well located, clean, the staff was nice and informative, and, did I mention the location was great. The big bamboo bed was lovely, and the air conditioning was super cool.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

This hotel is so close to the Ala Moana shopping center. Made our holiday shopping much for fun. Also right there is the Ala Moana Beach Park for walking and swimming. For us it feels like a little vacation on our own island. Their rates are really reasonable, too.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I am currently staying here now, been here all week, and overall OK stay. Staying in the Equus itself not the tower in the back that I read about.

The free breakfast was kind of a nice little selling point since I was staying all week. The first day I stayed here they had some rolls, finely chopped fruit, and coffee. Nothing spectacular but was OK.

I go down for this free breakfast midweek at 8:30am and there was some pieces of bread, looked like it was torn from a loaf and some squeeze bottles of jelly and empty coffee canisters. I asked the girl working down there how long does breakfast go on to and she said 9:00am. It was 8:30am, so I asked where is breakfast and she said with attitude, "This is it.", but she can make something if I wanted to pay.

FREE Breakfast + There is No Breakfast = You need to PAY

HA! Sorry, that logic makes no sense. Just plan on McDonalds down the street if you want to stay here and tack on $10 a day for some good Hawaiian style platters at McD's a few minutes away.

The rooms themselves are decent, some street noise echoes up so if you are a light sleeper may be a little rough. The location is good if you don't mind walking 5-10 minutes in either direction and you are at the Marina, or Ala Moana Mall, or Hilton Hawaiian Village.

There is no Wi-fi in the room but there was an Ethernet cable to plug into so it works if you need just one computer online or if you bring your own router.

The pool looks like an extra large hot tub and is in the shade right by the entrance where everyone walks in. I did not see one person use it the entire week stay.

Decent value compared to other hotels. But be cautious of FREE Breakfast, Pool, and Internet.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank JAweb
Reviewed November 11, 2010

STRUCTURE: We purchased a flight/hotel combination from Travelocity.com and choose the Equus for price.
LOCATION: Previously we stayed at hotels nearer to Waikiki Beach and The Equus is near the Ala Moana Shopping Center. So this positioned us to use the Transit Center at the Ala Moana Center to good advantage. The Center has a fabulous Food Court. The Equus is right on Ala Moana Boulevard, so there is unavoidable noise at night. But you soon get used to it.
BOUTIQUE HOTEL: This is how the hotel bills itself, and all this means is that there are pictures of horses on the walls. Nothing further. We were not impressed, and we're from Texas. We were looking for a room, not horses. Anyone looking for a new theme?
BREAKFAST: A continental breakfast is served from 7:30 to 9:30AM. It's juice, coffee and muffins. To add a little protein and sustainability to your breakfast, go to the nearby ABC Store for cheese and add it to your breakfast. Now you have something lasting.
MANAGER'S RECEPTION: What a nice touch! Once a week, usually on Tuesday at 5:00PM, the manager invites guests to the foyer for a glass of wine and munchies. A great opportunity to meet other guests and visit with the manager.
SERVICE: Good service, never a problem. When we asked why the bathroom fan didn't work, the maintenance man came down to tell us there was a grill on the ceiling, but no ducting for it in the wall. In an old hotel, that made sense.
RELATED: The ice machine is in back of the office along with a microwave. Both worked well.
THE REVIEWS: The reviews on The Equus' website were professionally written. Reviews on an independent website would be more accurate.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Equus speaks more to the issue of "value" than "horses." And as SVS (Senior Value Seekers), The Equus suited us just fine. We recommend this hotel.

1  Thank PlanoJoe01