I haven't been to Waikiki in about 20 years so I wasn't sure what to expect. We actually got stranded in HNL for 2 nights because airlines oversold airlines (we fly standby) and so this was a last minute deal for us from Hotwire.
The hotel is quite old but then again, most hotels and buildings in this area are so I'm not sure what I was expecting. The room was a good size and it had a safe and mini fridge which is a good feature. We were given a low level room with a terrible view of the back parking lot but to be honest, I didn't really care.
We did ask for a late check out due to the fact that my son wasn't feeling well and our flight didn't leave until 11 pm. We were 'allowed' to stay for an extra 2 hours until 2 pm.
The only think I didn't really like is that the room didn't have any 'on demand' movies. After a long day at the beach, it's nice to come back and order up a movie with the family and all relax in the evening.
The hotel does not have a restaurant on site so we ended up eating at a VERY overpriced IHOP next door.
For the $100 we paid, it was probably the best choice we could have found so all in all, it was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii