Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
TripAdvisor
US$754
Hotelpower.com
1,848 results
All reviewspool arealovin ovenlemon waterstreet noisekuhio avetwo blockssmall kitchenettehot tubfull kitchenboutique hotelone bedroom suitefood pantrybus stopbeach towelsshort walk to the beachtravel agentfirst trip to hawaii
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Bamboo in 2011 & 2012. On both occasions, my experience was terrific. The hotel is clean, well appointed, staff are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The amenities are terrific, pool & spa, complimentary iced tea. The hotel is located close to shops, car hire outlets, tour agents, a bus service right out front, short walk to Waikiki beach. The rooms have a small kitchen which was most suitable for my family needs, though we were so close to all the well known restaurants, we had the choice to eat out or stay in and self cater. I have no hesitation in recommending the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki to any prospective holiday maker - singles, couples or families. The location is terrific! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. We WILL be returning to the Aqua Bamboo on our next Hawaii holiday.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank joanne B
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Aloha Joanne B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are so thrilled that you found the staff and the hotel to be so accommodating for you on both of your recent trips to Waikiki. We love that the location benefits you being so close to Waikiki Beach, shops, and anything else you need. We are also so happy to hear that you enjoy the complimentary amenities we offer such as apples, newspapers and refreshments in the lobby.

We truly appreciate your selection of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa and look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the aqua bamboo for our honeymoon travelling from Australia. Great location close to the beach and shops. The pool was great after an afternoon of shopping just for a relax. Rooms clean and staff wonderful....

I say this about the staff as on the 7th day of my honeymoon I had an unfortunate accident at Waimea Bay and was dumped by a wave that resulted in a broken back. The staff at aqua bamboo accommodated my husband even though though they were booked out at the time and also my family who travelled over while I was in hospital. One staff member visited me in hopital on behalf of the hotel with fruit, flowers and a card signed by all the staff. Nicole the hotel manager sent food baskets to my husband and family in their room. I can't thank them enough for their support and kindness during this most terrible time. I'm looking forward to one day going back to aqua bamboo and spa to see the people that helped me through a terrible time.

I Also enjoyed the Thursday night cocktail evening around the pool where we had free cocktails and met people from home and around the world!

Love Hawaii and once I'm better I hope to save up and return! (avoiding waimea bay of course ;-)

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Lia32
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Aloha Lia32,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa.

I have to say I will never forget you and your family and I am certainly honored that we were presented with this opportunity to help out. I can’t imagine what you have gone through and it is good to know that the little we could do did made it a bit easier for you and your family after experiencing such a traumatic event. Yes we are running a business, but deep down we are here to take care of our guests so I am pleased that we could accomplish that.

All of us here wish you the very best and hopefully an easy road to recovery. We truly look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for 3 weeks during February. I was most impressed with the hotel staff who were so friendly and helpful. The first room I stayed in was rather noisy because of the renos but they very kindly moved me when space became available. I ended up staying on the 10th floor facing the pool and it was glorious. Nicole and Puna were particularly kind and helpful and I was very grateful for their commitment to finding a suitable room for the rest of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is very close to the beach but mostly because it felt like a home away from home!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Aloha Dollydeer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. We apologize we were unable to provide you with the most comfortable room from the get go, but I am glad that we were able to get you in a comfortable and accommodating room so that you could relax and enjoy your time in Hawaii.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Fantastical location, room quality and staff. We stayed for 11 nights and loved every minute. By the way the ongoing construction was a nonfactor as it is only during the day on weekdays. In fact we had a small baby with us who naped often during the day and was never woken from the construction. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. Best value in Waikiki!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank matthewjvance

Aloha Matthewjvance,

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a great value. It is wonderful to hear that the staff, location and quality were fantastic for you and your family. I am also happy that you, and especially your little one were not bothered by the renovations on the exterior of the building and you were still able to enjoy your stay in Waikiki.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Booked this hotel on their website and agreed to their reservation policy (must cancel 3 days prior to check-in), paid by credit card. At 2:30pm on the day I am flying to Hawaii I receive an email from this hotel saying they are looking forward to my stay and that I should also know that there is construction and renovations going on during the time of my stay. Too late to cancel or make changes to the reservation as I had to be at the airport in about 1 hour so this notice is WAY TOO LATE! I also received 2 previous emails from this hotel (1 when I booked room and then 2 days before my check-in time) that discussed my reservation and upcoming stay but neither one said anything about construction going on during my stay. I feel that charging your credit card 3 days before you arrive, with no possibility of cancellation, and then informing you of construction at the site on the same day you are arriving at the hotel is very deceptive and an unethical business policy.

I arrive at the hotel hoping the construction will not be too disruptive as I have no chance to make other arrangements at this late time. I awake the next morning to ear-splitting jackhammer noise on the wall outside my hotel room (at least they didn't start until 9am, but I got in late so needed to sleep in a bit). This noise went on all day long and because the noise was so loud I couldn't stay in the room at all. Couldn't hear the Television even when the volume was turned up all the way. It was driving me nuts. I went down to the front desk and complained about the racket, told them it was forcing me to stay out of my room all day and then asked to speak with the Manager about having to guarantee my stay 3 days ahead but only notifying me of construction on the day I was checking in, leaving me no options whatsoever. They told me the Manager wasn't there so I asked them to have the Manager contact me as soon as possible. I never heard from the Manager during my 1.5 days at this hotel. The noise continued the next morning as well so I just checked out early and left. And please make note of what other reviewers have said in their reviews as well - the street noise at night and early in the mornings (5am garbage trucks!) is very loud and the windows/walls do nothing to keep the noise out of the room. I tried opening the sliding door to see how much louder it was with it open and while it was a little bit louder, closing the doors did very little to dampen the street noise.

Overall a disastrous stay. I will never book a room at this hotel again and I will probably not book a stay at any other Aqua properties either. This kind of unethical business practice shows what poor customer service this company shows to its guests. There are many hotels in Waikiki that will do everything they can to make your stay a memorable and very positive experience. My stay at the Bamboo was memorable but there was nothing positive about it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank John R
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Aloha John R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are grateful for your honest opinion as it is a vital tool for our improvement.

I deeply regret that your stay with us was much less than satisfactory. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me with more information about your stay as we would like to offer you compensation for your dissatisfaction. You can reach me via e-mail at nyoshimoto@aquaresorts.com.

I do apologize that we had gotten the message to you late. However, we have notices posted on our website prior to the start of the exterior renovations, as we tried to make sure everyone was aware of the work being done. Also, there are cases where we definitely will make an exception on the cancellation policy, including instances such as yours, as we want every traveler to Hawaii to enjoy their time here, whether it is with us at the Bamboo or a hotel elsewhere. I am contrite that we did not have the opportunity to assist you ahead of time.

Also, I apologize that no one got back to you regarding your complaint. I was not informed of your situation so I will follow up with our other managers to resolve where the message was lost.

We truly appreciate your patronage and we would like to do whatever we can to rebuild your faith in our property. Our guest service is of the utmost importance to us - we are thankful for our successes and we most definitely take responsibility when we fall. I look forward to hearing from you and sincerely hope that we will be able to build a new bridge and might get a second chance in the future.