My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights at the beginning of March and it was great. We were slightly apprehensive due to the comments about the daytime work but it didn't affect us at all. We were located on the 9th floor and there wasn't any work being done on our side of the building (plus its done during the day when typically you aren't in your room anyways).
The location was wonderful - a 3 minute walk to the beach (of which Bamboo provides the towels, beachmats, beach chairs free of charge). The restaurants are numerous around the hotel, all in walking vicinity.
The weather wasn't the best so we didn't use the pool but it did look very nice. There were some people using it.
The Thursday night evening was wonderful. They provided a welcome drink and veggies, etc with music and sketch artist.
All in all, this was a great hotel. Although this is not a five star it is a hotel that I would recommend. Very clean and the service was wonderful.
The only negative, but in reality it is similar to all the hotels in the area, there are busy streets around which you may hear. But, close your sliding glass doors and enjoy your room.
We also had a kitchenette which was great to warm up our leftovers and make popcorn.
Thanks again Aqua Bamboo....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii